New to the forums? Introduce yourself here.

All Announcements for the site are here!

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Postby Roadrunner on Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:58 pm

Welcome to the boards, Coyote Tony and cupdrought67. 8)
I'm due for a phone upgrade, and I can tell you what I will NOT get.....eat it Silly-Sack! Boycot the Blackberry!
Roadrunner
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator

Postby coyotetony on Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:00 pm

appearing today on http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nhl051109.html

November 9, 2005
NHL could return to Winnipeg, Quebec City
TheFourthPeriod.com

The NHL doesn't have any plans to relocate one of their 30 franchises, but if the time comes, hockey fans in Quebec City and Winnipeg might have something to cheer about.

According to the Montreal Gazette, Bill Daly, the NHL's No. 2 man, said it was far too early to make any judgments about the viability of franchises, but "there's no reason to think Houston or Kansas City would be considered ahead of Quebec or Winnipeg."

The league is pleased with its re-launch, but Daly conceded that there are still too many empty seats in markets like Carolina and Florida, even though attendance is up in those markets.

"We have to wait to see what happens in some of those markets," Daly told the Gazette. "For example, you can see the interest growing in Carolina with the fast start they've had."
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Bill Cosby
coyotetony
Top Line Center
Top Line Center

Postby cupdrought67 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:31 pm

CoyoteTony wrote:appearing today on http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nhl051109.html

November 9, 2005
TheFourthPeriod.com

The NHL doesn't have any plans to relocate one of their 30 franchises, but if the time comes, hockey fans in Quebec City and Winnipeg might have something to cheer about.

According to the Montreal Gazette, Bill Daly, the NHL's No. 2 man, said it was far too early to make any judgments about the viability of franchises, but "there's no reason to think Houston or Kansas City would be considered ahead of Quebec or Winnipeg."

The league is pleased with its re-launch, but Daly conceded that there are still too many empty seats in markets like Carolina and Florida, even though attendance is up in those markets.

"We have to wait to see what happens in some of those markets," Daly told the Gazette. "For example, you can see the interest growing in Carolina with the fast start they've had."

thefourthperiod has no substance.. The canadian media always asks this question and it always gets avoided. 1) If you've been to winnipeg you know how much of a small town it is and how their economy/exposure is like. 2) Their arena is un-adequate.. while Owners are dying for new more larger arena's they aren't going to want to go back to a 15,000 seat arena 3) No matter what anyone says fan support wasn't as great as it is set out to believe. The team drew horrible when they struggled, but sold out for the playoffs which means very little. 4) There is no ownership group put together and there seems to be no one interested.

There is a reason why Fans aren't owners... it was bound to happen and everyone in Canada knew it was going to happen. I don't care which site claims with the new CBA things can work out whether it's the fourth period, slam canoe, or Winnipeg sun their opinions are pretty much irrelevant in the business world and it's just their bias for wanting another NHL team in canada. If the NHL continues to have success and starts making more money and Salaries start going through the roof It's going to be very hard for Oilers to make money considering their location. They might be gone within 5 - 10 years and that's the truth.

Bottom line is the more people get throught their head that it isn't happening the easier it will be for them to transition into support another team if supporting the NHL at all. Instead they continue to waste time with their Message boards and posting articles about 'the jets comming back?'

Their is a site called jetsowner.com and the guy who runs the site had a rally in august or around their to bring the jets back and roughly 40 people showed up and a Camera crew... My cousin told me it was pathetic.
cupdrought67
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby coyotetony on Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:42 pm

cupdrought67 wrote:
CoyoteTony wrote:appearing today on http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nhl051109.html

November 9, 2005
TheFourthPeriod.com

thefourthperiod has no substance.. The canadian media always asks this question and it always gets avoided. 1) If you've been to winnipeg you know how much of a small town it is and how their economy/exposure is like. 2) Their arena is un-adequate.. while Owners are dying for new more larger arena's they aren't going to want to go back to a 15,000 seat arena 3) No matter what anyone says fan support wasn't as great as it is set out to believe. The team drew horrible when they struggled, but sold out for the playoffs which means very little. 4) There is no ownership group put together and there seems to be no one interested.

There is a reason why Fans aren't owners... it was bound to happen and everyone in Canada knew it was going to happen. I don't care which site claims with the new CBA things can work out whether it's the fourth period, slam canoe, or Winnipeg sun their opinions are pretty much irrelevant in the business world and it's just their bias for wanting another NHL team in canada. If the NHL continues to have success and starts making more money and Salaries start going through the roof It's going to be very hard for Oilers to make money considering their location. They might be gone within 5 - 10 years and that's the truth.

Bottom line is the more people get throught their head that it isn't happening the easier it will be for them to transition into support another team if supporting the NHL at all. Instead they continue to waste time with their Message boards and posting articles about 'the jets comming back?'

Their is a site called jetsowner.com and the guy who runs the site had a rally in august or around their to bring the jets back and roughly 40 people showed up and a Camera crew... My cousin told me it was pathetic.

Read it again ... it isnt 4th period made up stuff ... it is from a canadian media source. :lol:

What's next? You gonna tell me that the Montreal Gazette doesn't know what they are talking about as well?
Bill Cosby
coyotetony
Top Line Center
Top Line Center

Postby hky_n_Glf on Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:55 pm

Some of you in this forum put to much merit in speculation. Would you have posted the articles on the CBA in the early stages of negotiation as fact? The Canadian media lives and breathes hockey speculation and are pro Canada teams period. I'm just saying take everything you read with a grain of salt. Who knows where the "new" NHL is headed. I for one am just glad to see players on the ice and I hope it is here to stay for a long while.
hky_n_Glf
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby cupdrought67 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:55 pm

Tony you are in denial.. they have been publishing things like this from expansion and they do it out of reaction. People like you read into it and actually believe the stuff they are saying so they can hook you. They have been posting this stuff in the Toronto Sun since 2001... and yes most Newspapers are opinions and no columnists are financial analysis. No wonder they had a thread about you on the HFboards call you a racist and a bigot.
cupdrought67
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby coyotetony on Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:33 pm

cupdrought67 wrote:Tony you are in denial.. they have been publishing things like this from expansion and they do it out of reaction. People like you read into it and actually believe the stuff they are saying so they can hook you. They have been posting this stuff in the Toronto Sun since 2001... and yes most Newspapers are opinions and no columnists are financial analysis. No wonder they had a thread about you on the HFboards call you a racist and a bigot.

November 9, 2005
TheFourthPeriod.com

I am surprised your Canadian schooling, normally much better than American failed to teach you how to read. I guess since I left Toronto their educational system has gone down drastically.

And if you really think what you or anybody else on HF has to say about me matters, you are dumber (and more childish) than I thought.

:lol: a racist and a bigot ... my guess is you are Sprngfldfan (aka shortstub) trying to cause more crap. My response? Grow up and don't ruin these boards.
Bill Cosby
coyotetony
Top Line Center
Top Line Center

Postby Matzel on Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:53 pm

Russ - Please do not lock this thread... :(
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby cupdrought67 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:20 pm

CoyoteTony wrote:
cupdrought67 wrote:Tony you are in denial.. they have been publishing things like this from expansion and they do it out of reaction. People like you read into it and actually believe the stuff they are saying so they can hook you. They have been posting this stuff in the Toronto Sun since 2001... and yes most Newspapers are opinions and no columnists are financial analysis. No wonder they had a thread about you on the HFboards call you a racist and a bigot.

November 9, 2005
TheFourthPeriod.com

I am surprised your Canadian schooling, normally much better than American failed to teach you how to read. I guess since I left Toronto their educational system has gone down drastically.

And if you really think what you or anybody else on HF has to say about me matters, you are dumber (and more childish) than I thought.

:lol: a racist and a bigot ... my guess is you are Sprngfldfan (aka shortstub) trying to cause more crap. My response? Grow up and don't ruin these boards.

Yes, again, Bill Daly/ Gary Bettman avoid the real answer and again some beat writer for a Canadian newspaper digs up a story about the same thing. Grow up you say? Why don't you grow up and understand that those two small market cities are not getting their teams back? People such as yourself don't know how much ignorant propaganda, such as the kind you are spewing, is ruining the game's image. Obviously it's not my education that is lacking if you are sitting there believing everything the Canadian media writes about hockey. Economics isn't really your thing I guess? I'm sorry did I offend the Canadian in you with an inferior complex towards the United States? That must be it... You are just the mouse in the media's mouse trap which makes money out of consumption. Maybe I'm not the one which is the byproduct of a bad education, but perhaps maybe you? The only way one can rid themselves of ignorance is to read, so get out your dictionary Tony.
cupdrought67
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby coyotetony on Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:15 pm

Matzel wrote:Russ - Please do not lock this thread... :(

No need, this clown is obviously trying to start something. As soon as I read him calling a racist and bigot I knew who it was. Have only been called that by one person ... anyone care to guess a guess?

And talk about funny, when was the last time I was on HF and they are still talking about me? :lol:

Knowing who this now there is no need to waste another second on the sad life.
Bill Cosby
coyotetony
Top Line Center
Top Line Center

Postby cupdrought67 on Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:03 pm

I just seen it in a thread on HF so don't flatter yourself I don't know who you are... nor do I really care. Just hate people spreading worthless propaganda.
cupdrought67
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby coyotetony on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:10 pm

cupdrought67 wrote:I just seen it in a thread on HF so don't flatter yourself I don't know who you are... nor do I really care. Just hate people spreading worthless propaganda.

:lol: you crack me up. You claim you "hate people spreading worthless propaganda" but that's exactly what you did when you mentioned the HF thread calling me a racist and a bigot. :lol: I can't even say that what you typed was a good try since it was so hypocritical. :lol:

And of course, I guess I am not allowed to believe Bill Daly and I should never pass on anything from the Montreal Gazette.

Yep, that's all my fault and I alone have ruined the image of the NHL. :lol:
Bill Cosby
coyotetony
Top Line Center
Top Line Center

Postby PoBoy on Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:13 pm

Not to interrupt but:

New guy...just moved here (Mesa) from St. Louis. Before that I was in Hockeytown Detroit. Always been a Blues fan though. I used to get harrassed in Detroit with my Bleed Blue license plates (2 broken windows and enough middle fingers to feed China for a day). Anyway, I'm a hockey fan in general and will root for pretty much any team when up against Detroit or San Jose. I picked up Yote season tickets and am catching the Coyote fever already. What a great hockey club ya'll have growing in PHX. Im glad to be a part of it...

PoBoy (yes...the New Orleans sandwich. I grew up there. House is still standing :) )
Blues fan from Hockeytown that just moved to the Valley. I'm coming down with Coyote fever!
PoBoy
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby PhoenixMike on Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:43 pm

I would think Detroiters would think someone with "BLD BLU" on their license plate would be a Michigan Wolverines' fan.
PhoenixMike
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator

Postby cupdrought67 on Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:43 pm

CoyoteTony wrote:
cupdrought67 wrote:I just seen it in a thread on HF so don't flatter yourself I don't know who you are... nor do I really care. Just hate people spreading worthless propaganda.

:lol: you crack me up. You claim you "hate people spreading worthless propaganda" but that's exactly what you did when you mentioned the HF thread calling me a racist and a bigot. :lol: I can't even say that what you typed was a good try since it was so hypocritical. :lol:

And of course, I guess I am not allowed to believe Bill Daly and I should never pass on anything from the Montreal Gazette.

Yep, that's all my fault and I alone have ruined the image of the NHL. :lol:

Alright.. go ahead and believe that Winnipeg,Saskatoon,Quebec city, Halifax, Prince edward island etc should get a team. You'll just be another one of those people waiting forever. Also those icons aren't making you look any more confident..
cupdrought67
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements