Message to all members ot CC.net

All Announcements for the site are here!

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Message to all members ot CC.net

Postby Pete on Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:13 pm

Well, The Simpsons are on so I'll make it brief.

Lately I've noticed how well the boards have been working - Everyone's posting, personal attacks are at an all time low, and the general morale of the boards has improved drastically.

I've managed to be able to come to the site regularly to read peoples' actual opinions; not just 2 people fighting in about 17 different topics.

Keep up the good work, guys.

The awards ceremonies didn't get enough votes, but we'll try again at the beginning of next season.

Any complaints, just PM me, I'll try to work things out.

I DO only have one qrief, and yes I have seen this from more than one member. I'm not going to get much into it, but I'll simply say this.

No one's opinions are ever wrong, unless they base it on a fact. You may not believe in what's said, but it's not nessecarily wrong.

That's about it!

P.S.

"HAHA Look! That kid's got bosoms! Someone get me a towel."
"Don't make me run, I'm full of chocolate."

--------------------

"By blocking the net, I really think you helped your team."

-Pete
Pete
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby Matzel on Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:08 pm

Pete wrote:The awards ceremonies didn't get enough votes, but we'll try again at the beginning of next season.

Too bad. I guess other members didn't like the awards idea as much as I did. Still a good thought, Pete.

Here's to more feedback the next time around. :beerchug:
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Pete on Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:13 am

To Pondnorth:

Insulting other members is NOT tolerated. You've passed warning #3. Until you start posting well, I'm gonna be hovering and monitoring every bit of activity you have on this message board. Anything I don't agree with is removed without question.
Pete
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby Pete on Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:09 pm

'pondnorth' Has been banned for one week from visiting these forums, for his actions and insults to other members.

He is eligible to return on the 19th of March.
Pete
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby coyotetony on Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:51 pm

Pete wrote:'pondnorth' Has been banned for one week from visiting these forums, for his actions and insults to other members.

ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA!

relax, I am kidding.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Bill Cosby
coyotetony
Top Line Center
Top Line Center

Postby Pete on Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:02 pm

CoyoteTony wrote:
Pete wrote:'pondnorth' Has been banned for one week from visiting these forums, for his actions and insults to other members.

ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA!

relax, I am kidding.

I lauched for a while on that one. Good stuff. :lol:
Pete
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby Roadrunner on Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:56 am

Our own Theo Fluery. Let's hope for the best.
I'm due for a phone upgrade, and I can tell you what I will NOT get.....eat it Silly-Sack! Boycot the Blackberry!
Roadrunner
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator

Postby Pete on Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:21 pm

I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here so everyone gets to read it.

I'm getting a lot of complaints about the fact that alot of threads are turning into pi$$ing matches again.

So, any opinion that is stated and you choose to respond to it, PLEASE for the sake of everyone else here...Don't take them personally or bring a personal aspect into them.

Example:

Bad: (Especially bad segments in bold italics)

Poster #1: I think the Yotes are good, but our left winger is terrible.
Poster #2: You obviously don't know the Coyotes. Our left wing is good, it's our center that sucks. Get your head out of the gutter and learn to watch games.
Poster #1: Don't tell me I don't know the Coyotes. Our LW is horrible. You must not know anything at all if you thing center is the problem.

(Pi$$ing match ensues, and no one reads. P{eople stop coming to the forum.)

Good:

Poster #2: Our left winger is fast on the puck, and a wonderful scorer. What we really need to do is to upgrade center.
Poster #1: The left winger is not the type of player he once was. He is slowing down, and can't really score as such. Here's his stats:

(Stats posted, people are interested, keep reading the forums.)
Pete
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby CBL on Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:53 pm

Pete wrote:I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here so everyone gets to read it.

I'm getting a lot of complaints about the fact that alot of threads are turning into pi$$ing matches again.

So, any opinion that is stated and you choose to respond to it, PLEASE for the sake of everyone else here...Don't take them personally or bring a personal aspect into them.

Example:

Poster #2: You obviously don't know the Coyotes. Our left wing is good, it's our center that sucks. Get your head out of the gutter and learn to watch games.
Poster #1: Don't tell me I don't know the Coyotes. Our LW is horrible. You must not know anything at all if you thing center is the problem.

Good:

Poster #2: Our left winger is fast on the puck, and a wonderful scorer. What we really need to do is to upgrade center.
Poster #1: The left winger is not the type of player he once was. He is slowing down, and can't really score as such. Here's his stats:

Correction:
Stats posted, CBL falls asleep :sleepy:

Just kidding, but I truly hope your "good" is exaggerated a bit...Sounds too much like a conversation over "Tea and Crumpets."
CBL

Postby Pete on Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:52 am

CBL wrote:
Pete wrote:I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here so everyone gets to read it.

Example:

Good:

Correction:
Stats posted, CBL falls asleep :sleepy:

Just kidding, but I truly hope your "good" is exaggerated a bit...Sounds too much like a conversation over "Tea and Crumpets."

It's very exxagerated.
Pete
Enforcer
Enforcer

Return to Announcements