Ignore List

All Announcements for the site are here!

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Ignore List

Postby rbrooks on Sat Dec 07, 2002 11:49 pm

Can't stand a user who posts here? Well now you don't. CoyotesCorner.net has installed an ignore feature where you can block a poster and all of his/her posts and not have to read them if you dont want to.

If you have any suggestions, comments, or problems with this feature please let me know.

Russell Brooks
"Hockey is clutch and clutch is everything in life"
rbrooks
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Pete on Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:40 pm

How do you go about ignoring a member?
Pete
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby SjostromFan on Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:38 pm

On one hand I want to ignore some posters but on the other hand you want to know what they are saying about you or your fav players or team etc. It's like you want to stay on your diet and not eat that chocolate cake with ice cream in front of you but yet you go head first and come up out of the cake with a cherry up your nose.
“I love the kid. He's the only one I’ve coached against who has scored against me and blew me a kiss.” – Wayne Gretzky on Ovechkin
“The next morning in Columbus, as I got out of bed to answer the wakeup call, the left side of my body was bruised and sore like I had been in a car crash. I guess you could say I was ‘Ovechkinned.'" -St. Louis Blues defenseman Eric Weinrich
SjostromFan
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby Cavscout on Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:25 pm

You CAN ignore anybody you want without the feature - it's a choice, and requires perhaps a dash of self control. Most people only use the ignore feature as a threat - "I'm putting you on my ignore list!". But they typically don't. Furthermore it is almost impossible not to be exposed to another's posts - it's common to quote posts in threads. You'll see anything from your 'ignored' poster quoted by anybody else.
2008 CC.NET Fantasy Baseball League CHAMPION
CC.NET Fantasy Hockey League Perennial DOORMAT
Cavscout
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator

Postby Matzel on Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:41 pm

cavscout wrote:<snip> it is almost impossible not to be exposed to another's posts - it's common to quote posts in threads. You'll see anything from your 'ignored' poster quoted by anybody else.

Yeah, and that makes the feature pretty much useless. However, I appreciate the fact that Russ has installed it. Quite frankly, it is a good indication that there might be a need to ignore some posters posts...

As all ready mentioned above, if someone does not want to read posts from certain posters, he/she can ignore them without the feature.

Also, the bickering about the bickering (by the same people in every thread) is getting to be just as annoying as the bickering itself...
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby coyotetony on Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:10 pm

Matzel wrote:
cavscout wrote:this poster has been placed on your ignored list
this poster has been placed on your ignored list

Seems to work for me. :chainsaw:
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Bill Cosby
coyotetony
Top Line Center
Top Line Center

Postby Cavscout on Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:38 pm

That's pretty cool.
2008 CC.NET Fantasy Baseball League CHAMPION
CC.NET Fantasy Hockey League Perennial DOORMAT
Cavscout
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator

Postby Cactus on Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:34 pm

Cavscout wrote:You CAN ignore anybody you want without the feature - it's a choice, and requires perhaps a dash of self control. Most people only use the ignore feature as a threat - "I'm putting you on my ignore list!". But they typically don't. Furthermore it is almost impossible not to be exposed to another's posts - it's common to quote posts in threads. You'll see anything from your 'ignored' poster quoted by anybody else.

I agree Cavs. The only thing ignoring a poster gets you is that she runs rampant all over you without you being able to defend yourself, then you see it in replies from others. As my great friend Bernie would say, just stand up to her.
Cactus

Postby Pete on Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:38 pm

Wow. Dead thread.
Pete
Enforcer
Enforcer

Return to Announcements