Coyotes Corner Contest #2 - Win an Auto'd puck!

All Announcements for the site are here!

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Postby slash16 on Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:34 pm

Blackhawks notes: The group went 10-2 again, this time in favor of the Blackhawks. It ranges from Chicago 8 to Phoenix 2 but someone else besides our point hogs will get either on the board or get more points because badmood8 and cland03 chose different teams.

Thanks for the help! Must have been a sympathy play on their part.
slash16

Postby slash16 on Mon Jan 06, 2003 6:45 pm

Just a heads up - if you have been watching the news lately and saw the front page of the AZ Republic today you know these are strange and dangerous times in our country.

I was notified today that I am being ordered to conduct training for many of our young soldiers and future leaders in Alabama. I leave on Saturday and should be back in about three weeks.

I will have internet access and will still keep you all posted as much as possible on the status of the contest. The format of this contest has produced a lot more discussion on the boards and as such I recommend a similar format for February. I had a discussion with Russ in the chat room the other day and we want to get the word out sooner to get as many entries as possible. I'll work to get something set up this week before I go but if my updates don't occur after every game I hope you will understand why. That being said, I fully expect to be able to keep you all posted and it will be something to take my mind off what is going on, even if only for a few minutes.
slash16

Postby ulf on Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:54 pm

my prayers that sanity keeps you and all america from harms way. ilook fwd to your return to your family
ulf

Postby rbrooks on Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:07 pm

slash16 wrote:Just a heads up - if you have been watching the news lately and saw the front page of the AZ Republic today you know these are strange and dangerous times in our country.

I was notified today that I am being ordered to conduct training for many of our young soldiers and future leaders in Alabama. I leave on Saturday and should be back in about three weeks.

I will have internet access and will still keep you all posted as much as possible on the status of the contest. The format of this contest has produced a lot more discussion on the boards and as such I recommend a similar format for February. I had a discussion with Russ in the chat room the other day and we want to get the word out sooner to get as many entries as possible. I'll work to get something set up this week before I go but if my updates don't occur after every game I hope you will understand why. That being said, I fully expect to be able to keep you all posted and it will be something to take my mind off what is going on, even if only for a few minutes.

I am sure I am not the only person that means to say this but God Bless you and what you do for this country.
rbrooks
Rookie
Rookie

Postby coyotetony on Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:29 pm

slash16 wrote:Just a heads up - if you have been watching the news lately and saw the front page of the AZ Republic today you know these are strange and dangerous times in our country.

Thank you for your service to my country as people such as yourself protect my rights and my welfare. My prayers will be for you, your family and the men and women you train and their familes.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Bill Cosby
coyotetony
Top Line Center
Top Line Center

Postby IceWeasel39 on Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:07 am

All my best, Slash. You (and all of our service men and women) will be in my thoughts. Thank you for doing your part and God bless!!
IceWeasel39

Postby slash16 on Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:14 pm

This game was a tie and ties count for nothing in this contest. Everyone's pick was pretty low so it shouldn't hurt anyone but it will help our leaders as no one gains any ground...

Standings after four games:

cland03..........28

badmood8......24

iceweasel38....8

coyotetony.....4

...and eight people with ZERO.

Thanks to all of you wishing me well and offering your support!
slash16

Postby CBLatran on Thu Jan 09, 2003 1:05 pm

Last edited by CBLatran on Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CBLatran

Postby rbrooks on Sun Jan 19, 2003 4:10 pm

Standings are as of the Buffalo game in which not one person had Buffalo to win.

cland03 - 40

badmood8 - 36

shortstop - 16

Coyote Tony - 13

witchy - 12

slash16 - 9

rbrooks - 8

Iceweasel39 - 8

Coyote Andy - 7

ulf - 6

vsmith - 3

CBLatran - 0

Be sure to sign up for next month!
"Hockey is clutch and clutch is everything in life"
rbrooks
Rookie
Rookie

Postby shortstop on Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:35 pm

...give the d**n puck to cland 3 already!

...good job buddy :)
shortstop
Rookie
Rookie

Postby CBLatran on Tue Jan 21, 2003 6:44 pm

Yipee, I'm no longer at 0. Can this be a comeback. Wait, 40 points (probably more now). Oh well, maybe next month...
CBLatran

Postby Cland03 on Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:08 pm

shortstop wrote:...give the d**n puck to cland 3 already!

...good job buddy :)

Still plenty of games left shortstop. What are you trying to do jinx me? :P
Cland03

update?

Postby CBLatran on Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:43 pm

Can we please have an update? I'm becoming depressed with that big "goose egg" a few posts back... :oops:
CBLatran

Postby rbrooks on Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:00 pm

I will do the final standings tonight after the Calgary game.

Make sure you sign up for the next contest.
"Hockey is clutch and clutch is everything in life"
rbrooks
Rookie
Rookie

Postby slash16 on Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:55 pm

I'm still trying to get caught up on a number of things but here are the final results from contest. Congrats to cland03 for bringing home the Brian Savage puck!

Cland03 65

badmood8 58

ulf 47

CoyoteTony 46

CoyoteAndy 38

IceWeasel39 37

shortstop 34

vsmith 27

Slash16 25

witchy 21

rbrooks 21

cbltran 19

I will get the third contest results posted as we go along. Thanks to everyone who got in!
slash16

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements