New Themes!

All Announcements for the site are here!

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

What do you think should be the default theme?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:15 am

RedGlass
No votes
Glass2extreme Red
100%

Total votes : 8

New Themes!

Postby Pete on Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:15 am

Hey Everyone!

I've been working hard to create 2 new themes for you guys, and after much work, both are ready for launch!

I'll need your input on each and we'll have a post to see which one you think should be the default theme; I'll describe them both:

First, to get to the themes:

>>> Go to your profile

>>> Under 'Board Style' Select RedGlass or Glass2extreme Red

>>> Refresh the main page, and you're done.

Play around with both themes, and keep your favourite one.

Descriptions:

RedGlass: A slick red and black theme with mouseover commands. Logos are customized for the Coyotes.

Glass2extreme Red: An advanced red and white style. (New Jerseys?)
- Mouseover effect is disabled but links can still be clicked that way. (You'll see)
- Background of the tables is transparent
- Fixed backround image (Coyotes logo)
- Coyotes logos
- Quick Reply! This is a great new thing because you can reply with just one click!

So check them BOTH out, then answer the poll please!

Also, yes I can edit it, so suggestions are welcome!

Thanks guys!
Pete
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby Cavscout on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:45 am

I appreciate the time and effort both must have taken. That being said:

Both new themes seem too colorful and busy. When I encounter forums with bright hard to read color combinations (white on black = floating text for my eyeballs) and busy graphics I typically cruise right on by. Of course, in the interest of full disclosure I will remind you I am on the wrong side of 30 years old.... :lol:

I might be an old curmudgeon, but I prefer the ease on the eyes of the old subSilver theme. I'll fully admit it's probably just because I'm so used to it. If I had to choose a new one that first timers would encounter, I guess it would be the Glass2extreme.

That is all.
Cavscout
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator

Postby Pete on Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:58 am

Took me a day but I got used to Glass3extreme quickly.

The RedGlass one still hurts my eyes, but some people like it.
Pete
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby Matzel on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:18 am

Nice job, Pete!

I am excited about a more up-to-date look and feel of the cc.net. I had gotten very used to the ol' subSilver theme but I am ready for some changes. Rolling out a new theme for the start of a new season is cool!

I had been using another theme you had up for trial over the last couple of days - unfortunately I can't remember what it was called... it was also white and red and after getting used to it I liked it better then subSilver. The Glass3extreme is very close to it so I like it as well.

The white on black is not my cup-o-tea. It has some slick features but it is just too hard on my eyes.
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jimmy Stump on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:34 am

Cavscout wrote:I appreciate the time and effort both must have taken. That being said:

Both new themes seem too colorful and busy. When I encounter forums with bright hard to read color combinations (white on black = floating text for my eyeballs) and busy graphics I typically cruise right on by. Of course, in the interest of full disclosure I will remind you I am on the wrong side of 30 years old.... :lol:

I might be an old curmudgeon, but I prefer the ease on the eyes of the old subSilver theme. I'll fully admit it's probably just because I'm so used to it. If I had to choose a new one that first timers would encounter, I guess it would be the Glass2extreme.

That is all.

Ditto. I appreciate all the effort it must have taken, but the subSilver is the easiest on the eyes for me, followed by RedSilver.
Jimmy Stump
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Pete on Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:44 pm

I'm not a fan of the traditional look, myself.
Pete
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby pxpyote on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:18 pm

I like the "RedSilver" myself... Not a huge change, just a tweak here and there... like the Coyotes new jerseys...

I also want to add my thanks and appreciation for your time and effort to give cc.net a fresh look.

Are these new styles from Rbk?!? Are they supposed to make our posts more aerodynamic and form-fitting? Just asking :P
pxpyote
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby Pete on Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:45 pm

pxpyote wrote:Are these new styles from Rbk?!? Are they supposed to make our posts more aerodynamic and form-fitting? Just asking :P

Eat yourself.

lol.
Pete
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby PHXfan#1 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:03 pm

nice job Pete, I really like the second !
PHXfan#1
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Don on Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:55 am

Thanks Pete. If I had to choose one over the other It would be the Glass2extreme. However, being on the wrong side of 40, it is too harsh for me. I agree with jimmy and pxp, the red silver nice. I will use each and if anything changes I'll let you know :D
Due to fiscal constraints and environmental considerations...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off..
Don
Rookie
Rookie

Postby coyotescpl on Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:24 pm

Im just glad someone took my "site suggestion" finally.

Looks better.. if not a bit bright.

How come when I sign in... it goes away?
coyotescpl

Postby Stunned on Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:33 pm

You need to edit your profile to make the theme your Board Style. When you're not logged in you see it because its the boards 'default' theme: guests see it exclusively and registered members see it when they're not logged in. When you log in, then your profile kicks in and I'm guessing your Board Style is set to either subSilver or RedSilver or something. Make the change there, submit it, and you'll be good to go.
Stunned
Administrator
Administrator

Location: With my therapist, discussing my level of fanaticism

Return to Announcements