Hindrance up on, just0

All Announcements for the site are here!

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Re: Hindrance up on, just0

Postby rbochan on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:46 am

...Rob
The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
it's Don't Tread On Me.
rbochan
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby white_tiger on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:21 am

So I thought we had a moderated joining system?
5th Year Season Ticket Holder
Sec 209 Row O 3
white_tiger
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator

Postby Stunned on Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:50 am

white_tiger wrote:So I thought we had a moderated joining system?

If by 'moderated joining system' you mean 'must be approved by an admin before getting in', then we did, but we haven't for a very, very long time.

The 'moderated' joining system was a PITA for everyone, so we got rid of it. Imagine an email inbox with 100s and 100s of spam registration attempts that come in constantly with a good one buried in the mix every once in a while. You'd quickly give up on that too. Not to mention the frustration felt by legitimate registrants who are held up pending moderator review.

We have things in place that keep bogus registrations pretty much to a minimum. And we've had to change those things from time to time. Is it perfect? No. But nothing ever could be. A determined person could register and then turn into a bad person. I'm sure that there are some bad registrations (meaning they're registered, but they're not really forum participants). We clean them up when we know for sure its crap. Most of that you never see. Some we're not so sure of, and if we conclude there is really no harm in leaving them registered, then a lot of times we'll just let those be.

Occasionally a bozo will get through like this guy, but it's quick and easy to clean them up after the fact. It's far more effort for them to get in than it is for us to get rid of them. So don't be shocked or dismayed when you see one of these. Matz and I clean them up pretty quickly with little muss or fuss.
Stunned
Administrator
Administrator

Location: With my therapist, discussing my level of fanaticism

Postby white_tiger on Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:11 am

Ah ok.. cool.. I just was remembering back to when I joined I guess:)
5th Year Season Ticket Holder
Sec 209 Row O 3
white_tiger
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator

Return to Announcements