Trouba

This is the place to talk all trade and free agent ideas and rumors.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Trouba

Postby Robert Earthpig on Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:11 am

The Coyotes are apparently one of about four teams seriously in on Jacob Trouba.

Seems Trouba is a popular catch for most GMs as he still has great upside as a top two to four defender.
Trouba and OEL would make for a sweet pairing.

So who/what do we give up?

Consider the fact the dogs may poop the bed again this year and be a lottery team in 2017, do we dangle a first rounder along with Michael Stone (a Winnipegger) and Toby Rieder (who can take a quick, short walk off the proverbial pier)?
The Jets don't need Rieder but they'd love the dogs' first rounder next year and Mike Stone would fit into their D. Maybe the Jets ship Marko Dano or Nic Petan along with Trouba in that deal?

Any rate - a top four of OEL, Goligoski, Trouba and Connor Murphy isn't that bad...
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Re: Trouba

Postby CBL on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:06 pm

I'm not sure what I would be willing to give up for Trouba. I'd probably prefer to offer sheet him (which would cost us a 1st and 3rd), but that could leave him stuck in Winnipeg if they match.

I'm not sure what they would want from us in trade for him that we would be willing to give up. Stone is kind of a given (from our end), but his 4 million is a bit high for a 3rd pairing D (behind Buff & Myers). They could use a LW, but we also need a few of those; still, Perlini or Martinook might be of interest to them, as would Duclair (I'd prefer not to see him go).

Rieder, Duclair, and a 2nd for Trouba, Armia, and a 4th?

Domi - Hanzal - Vrbata
McGinn - Strome - Doan
Dvorak - Richardson - Armia
Crouse - Dauphin - White

OEL - Murphy (to start)
Goligoski - Trouba
Connauton/Dahlbeck - Schenn/Z/Stone

Of course, I'd hope that we could trade Stone to add a forward once the season begins and he (hopefully) returns to form.
CBL

Re: Trouba

Postby Robert Earthpig on Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:10 pm

After watching Chychrun play - we don't need no stinkin' Trouba. Especially considering he's dumb enough to be led so wildly astray by a garbage eating agent.
Young Chychrun reminds me big time of Trouba.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Return to Trade/Free Agent Talk & Rumors