Phoenix Coyotes: Trade Deadline Rumors

This is the place to talk all trade and free agent ideas and rumors.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Phoenix Coyotes: Trade Deadline Rumors

Postby nickk382 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:30 pm

I know trading hasn't been a popular thing to talk about on this board since we've been winning and there aren't any players that are necessarily standing out to suck so far for the Coyotes. I would hate to see any player on the Coyotes to leave, legitimately any player. Though, we always seem to use players from the minor league, especially Tikhinov, as trade bait with a pick in any round for another player. However, it's hard to see any trade happen without losing anyone on our current roster, but who has the highest chance of being traded? It certainly wasn't like last year's trade deadline where all of our fingers were pointed at Mueller.

Spoke to 'PHXyotes' the other day, already mentioned on the board about: Mike Santorelli, Stephen Weiss, and Phil Kessel (who I all like to be on the team).

As for my opinion, if we do any trade, it has to be for a REALLY good player, we already have all the depth in the world.

Anyone else hear any rumors involving us with anybody? We seem to be on the quiet ends of things as we get closer to this trade deadline. If anything, I feel a lot of teams want some of our players, but it's not us that will be making the offer to giving them up, it's other teams' organizations.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
nickk382
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:29 pm
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona

Re: Phoenix Coyotes: Trade Deadline Rumors

Postby PHXyotes on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:08 pm

Its hard to see us trading for someone because that would take a roster spot away from someone.

Players i wouldnt mind being traded:
Belanger
Ebbett
Schlemko
Almost anyone in SA except for MacLean/Turris/Boeds
and Picks

I feel we have tons of Depth in this organization which is good but i wouldn't mind us taking some of that and turning it into some star power.
User avatar
PHXyotes
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:14 am

Re: Phoenix Coyotes: Trade Deadline Rumors

Postby Matzel on Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:22 pm

PHXyotes wrote:Its hard to see us trading for someone because that would take a roster spot away from someone.

Players i wouldnt mind being traded:
Belanger
Ebbett
Schlemko
Almost anyone in SA except for MacLean/Turris/Boeds
and Picks

I feel we have tons of Depth in this organization which is good but i wouldn't mind us taking some of that and turning it into some star power.


Definitely need Belanger if the Yotes make the playoffs. Possession is key.
Image
User avatar
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 10174
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:37 pm
Location: 'Freddy Beach', Canada

Re: Phoenix Coyotes: Trade Deadline Rumors

Postby jmichael7753 on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:07 pm

Matzel wrote:
PHXyotes wrote:Its hard to see us trading for someone because that would take a roster spot away from someone.

Players i wouldnt mind being traded:
Belanger
Ebbett
Schlemko
Almost anyone in SA except for MacLean/Turris/Boeds
and Picks

I feel we have tons of Depth in this organization which is good but i wouldn't mind us taking some of that and turning it into some star power.


Definitely need Belanger if the Yotes make the playoffs. Possession is key.


for sure. belanger is to valuable on faceoffs to let go.
jmichael7753
Enforcer
Enforcer
 
Posts: 1317
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:30 pm

Re: Phoenix Coyotes: Trade Deadline Rumors

Postby CBL on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:56 pm

nickk382 wrote:Spoke to 'PHXyotes' the other day, already mentioned on the board about: Mike Santorelli, Stephen Weiss, and Phil Kessel (who I all like to be on the team).


Santorelli :thumbsup:
Kessel :D

Weiss :-( since he has a No Move Clause. I also doubt he'd want to come here at this point in the season. Yes, we seem playoff-bound, but our conference/division is so close that it isn't guaranteed. If he waives it, I'm guessing he'll be going to an Eastern team (TB, Bos, or possibly the Caps), unless Detroit or Vancouver offer something for him.
User avatar
CBL
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2589
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: PA

Re: Phoenix Coyotes: Trade Deadline Rumors

Postby PHXyotes on Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Matzel wrote:
PHXyotes wrote:Its hard to see us trading for someone because that would take a roster spot away from someone.

Players i wouldnt mind being traded:
Belanger
Ebbett
Schlemko
Almost anyone in SA except for MacLean/Turris/Boeds
and Picks

I feel we have tons of Depth in this organization which is good but i wouldn't mind us taking some of that and turning it into some star power.


Definitely need Belanger if the Yotes make the playoffs. Possession is key.


Belanger is a good player but if we had to move him to get someone of better value i wouldnt mind it
User avatar
PHXyotes
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:14 am

Re: Phoenix Coyotes: Trade Deadline Rumors

Postby nickk382 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:16 am

See, I like Belanger, but he really helps the team, I can't find anyone that I would rather prefer to take over on our team already, unless if it really was THAT all-star player we've been all wanting to have until we get the ownership officially through. Currently, I really do think we should do absolutely nothing, unless it's a complete steal for us, which Maloney is very good at doing.

:bigups:
ImageImageImage
User avatar
nickk382
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:29 pm
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona

Re: Phoenix Coyotes: Trade Deadline Rumors

Postby Kaibur on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:20 am

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phx110223.html

As always, I forewarn that it's 4th period.

If there's some extra money, I wouldn't mind a trade for Hagman. On waivers, it's too expensive, plus we need to open up a roster spot if we're bringing someone in. Again, our problem (not necessarily a bad one) is that all of the guys on our current roster have been basically earning their keep.

I'd be satisfied if we just hold position, go into the playoffs with what we've got, and if we have to move guys on draft day, so be it.
User avatar
Kaibur
Enforcer
Enforcer
 
Posts: 1152
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:40 am

Re: Phoenix Coyotes: Trade Deadline Rumors

Postby CBL on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:48 am

I wouldn't mind MacArthur or Grabovski, but I'm guessing there are plenty of GMs looking at them who have tradeable roster players (those who probably won't get a chance at making the playoffs this season).

I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Higgins if we could get him for a rasonable price.

I don't think I'd want Reasoner..

I definitely don't want Stillman (even for only the remainder of this season)...
User avatar
CBL
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2589
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: PA

Re: Phoenix Coyotes: Trade Deadline Rumors

Postby BigGumby on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:03 pm

Almost an identical report from B/R:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6177 ... layoff-run
“We didn’t go into the playoffs through the back door. We kicked the door down."

--GM Don Maloney

"Note: Dave Tippett's quotes play a Dave Tippett system."

--Harrison Mooney (Puck Daddy)
User avatar
BigGumby
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Phoenix Coyotes: Trade Deadline Rumors

Postby PHXyotes on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:14 pm

I really just dont see us moving a current roster player right now....The only move i could potentially see us doing is adding a depth Dman for the playoff run. I know we will see Jovo back before playoffs but if one of our starters gets injured in the playoffs that means Schlemko/Lepisto/OEL/Yonkman will fill in. Not saying i have a problem with that but Tippett's veteran love might...
User avatar
PHXyotes
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:14 am

Re: Phoenix Coyotes: Trade Deadline Rumors

Postby Robert Earthpig on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:17 pm

Never say never when it comes to GMDM.

Of the three players mentioned, only Weiss appeals to me. I think he'd fit in and would be an upgrade at center.
If we dealt for Santorelli, hopefully it would be a prospect for a prospect.
And Kessel... no thanks.
Long Live The Jets
User avatar
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain
 
Posts: 8458
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Valleytwixtpointyrocks

Re: Phoenix Coyotes: Trade Deadline Rumors

Postby PHXyotes on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:36 pm

Robert Earthpig wrote:Never say never when it comes to GMDM.

Of the three players mentioned, only Weiss appeals to me. I think he'd fit in and would be an upgrade at center.
If we dealt for Santorelli, hopefully it would be a prospect for a prospect.
And Kessel... no thanks.


The only thing with Weiss is that he has a NMC but i mean he might be willing to come here given we are 1st in the Pacific
User avatar
PHXyotes
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:14 am

Re: Phoenix Coyotes: Trade Deadline Rumors

Postby Robert Earthpig on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:08 am

Weiss is playing in FLORIDA. How could Phoenix be any worse? Not to even mention the fact we've got a top 10 team the last two years and are trending northward for the forseeable future. Can't see why ANY player wouldn't want to play for the dogs with that in mind.
We are two LARGE pieces away from being a major cup contender right now.
We need: A true No. 1 machine defenceman, ala Pronger etc. and a true no. 1 center, ala Richards etc.
We may have a No. 1 in OEL in a few years and if Turris can shed his skinny kid skin, we have a center, too.
Lots to be excited about this franchise, aside from the ownership thing and the sad lack of community support, overall.
Long Live The Jets
User avatar
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain
 
Posts: 8458
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:14 am
Location: Valleytwixtpointyrocks

Re: Phoenix Coyotes: Trade Deadline Rumors

Postby PHXyotes on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:16 am

Robert Earthpig wrote:Weiss is playing in FLORIDA. How could Phoenix be any worse? Not to even mention the fact we've got a top 10 team the last two years and are trending northward for the forseeable future. Can't see why ANY player wouldn't want to play for the dogs with that in mind.
We are two LARGE pieces away from being a major cup contender right now.
We need: A true No. 1 machine defenceman, ala Pronger etc. and a true no. 1 center, ala Richards etc.
We may have a No. 1 in OEL in a few years and if Turris can shed his skinny kid skin, we have a center, too.
Lots to be excited about this franchise, aside from the ownership thing and the sad lack of community support, overall.


Well Weiss has come out and said that he would like to stay in Florida...thats the only reason i bring it up
User avatar
PHXyotes
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:14 am

Next

Return to Trade/Free Agent Talk & Rumors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron