Phoenix Coyotes: Trade Deadline Rumors

This is the place to talk all trade and free agent ideas and rumors.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Re: Phoenix Coyotes: Trade Deadline Rumors

Postby jmichael7753 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:10 pm

Kaibur wrote:
jmichael7753 wrote:ok so the yotes have been linked to hemsky by eklund. yeah I know he sucks but what would it take to get him? I figure GMDM has about 1.5-2 mil in budget this year. So maybe something like Vrbata (3 mil)+Summers+2nd, to Edmonton for hemsky (4.1 mil)?

Not sure if you were just kidding with this or not, but that's an undervaluation. I assume you've seen this:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/02/ ... rs_hemsky/

If they're looking for at least B Schenn from LA, they'll be looking for one of our top prospects as well. Vrbata's a UFA and the 2nd would probably be between pick 50 and 60, so it's not a great pick in a supposedly weak draft. LA can outbid us for Hemsky and have more need and interest.

yeah It was just and underevaluation. Ive seen another rumor with Turris heading the other way. So Turris, vrbata, summers, and a 2nd. Too much?
jmichael7753
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby PHXyotes on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:16 pm

jmichael7753 wrote:
Kaibur wrote:
jmichael7753 wrote:ok so the yotes have been linked to hemsky by eklund. yeah I know he sucks but what would it take to get him? I figure GMDM has about 1.5-2 mil in budget this year. So maybe something like Vrbata (3 mil)+Summers+2nd, to Edmonton for hemsky (4.1 mil)?

Not sure if you were just kidding with this or not, but that's an undervaluation. I assume you've seen this:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/02/ ... rs_hemsky/

If they're looking for at least B Schenn from LA, they'll be looking for one of our top prospects as well. Vrbata's a UFA and the 2nd would probably be between pick 50 and 60, so it's not a great pick in a supposedly weak draft. LA can outbid us for Hemsky and have more need and interest.

yeah It was just and underevaluation. Ive seen another rumor with Turris heading the other way. So Turris, vrbata, summers, and a 2nd. Too much?

No i think thats way to much for Hemsky...if we were talkin about someone like Brad Richards id be down.
PHXyotes
Rookie
Rookie

Postby gollybass on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:26 pm

yeah that seems REALLY steep for him
gollybass
Second Line Winger
Second Line Winger

Postby nickk382 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:55 pm

First: I would give Kings our 1st rounder and a d-bag from the minors for Brayden Schenn any day of the week, OR a 2nd round pick and Brett MacLean for him.

Second: I would trade Schlemko, Tikhonov, and a 2nd round pick for Luke Schenn and Clarke MacArthur.

Third: I would trade our 1st rounder (if we didn't for Brayden Schenn), 3rd round pick, Vrbata, Fiddler, and Lepisto for Brad Richards.

Lines would be:

Doan, Richards, Upshall
MacArthur, Belanger, Stempniak
Korpikoski, Hanzal, Whitney
Boedker, Turris, Schenn

Yandle, Morris
Aucoin, Jovanovski
Ekman-Larsson, Schenn

Can't wait for the deadline tomorrow, I should be Maloney's wingman.

:thumbsup:
ImageImageImage
nickk382
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Robert Earthpig on Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:40 am

“Second: I would trade Schlemko, Tikhonov, and a 2nd round pick for Luke Schenn and Clarke MacArthur.”

Yeah me too! Doubt Burke would, though!
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Previous

Return to Trade/Free Agent Talk & Rumors