Forwards worth considering (for 2011-2012 'Yotes)

This is the place to talk all trade and free agent ideas and rumors.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Re: Forwards worth considering (for 2011-2012 'Yotes)

Postby Kaibur on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:32 am

After last night, I won't be surprised if RNH makes the Oilers. If that happens they have a glut of centers. Gagner's currently injured, but it looks short term. Acquiring him would probably be costly. Gilbert Brule on the other hand might come pretty cheap - like a late round pick. He might fit as the third line center if Miele/Korpedo/Tikhonov etc don't seem to be able to handle the role. I don't think they'll waive Brule, but it's possible. Former 1st rounder (GMDM's preference) put up 37 points two years ago, but suffered a series of injuries last year. Might be worth a look and might be cheaper than other options. I guess I'm shopping for low risk/high reward, something like the Belanger signing last year.

Without Turris, this team looks pretty anemic offensively. I guess even with him, it's going to be a crapshoot, but at least he looked like he was coming around toward the end of last year.
Kaibur
Enforcer
Enforcer

Re: Forwards worth considering (for 2011-2012 'Yotes)

Postby Robert Earthpig on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:34 am

I once thought Brule was going to be a superstar in the NHL. He was awesome in junior. He scrapped, despite his smaller size, hit and appeared to be lights out offensively. Hmm, shows you what I know. Now he is barely a serviceable NHLer. He is good at giving Bono rides, though.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Previous

Return to Trade/Free Agent Talk & Rumors