Jonas Gustavsson?

This is the place to talk all trade and free agent ideas and rumors.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Jonas Gustavsson?

Postby CBL on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:09 am

There is a bit of chatter about Toronto wanting to move moving the Monster. Although I doubt it would happen, it might be interesting to bring him here. Since they are looking for more of a stay-at-home veteran, why not move Labarbera? Gustavsson seems to play a similar style to Smith (likes to wander), so he might do well in our system (He's big, we have Burke as a coach, and he could watch how Smith plays most of the time).

Now, it might be nice to add a prospect or two (along with a 4th round pick) to the deal to bring in another forward to make it more significant. Of course it would be nice to get something else out of them (Lombardi, MacArthur, Grabovski, Kulemin, or Bozak would be decent additions and not upset our chemistry too much). Kessel would be an excellent addition as well :) , but we'd probably have to give up too much for him.

Even if it was straight up, both BUs are roughly the same (salary-wise) although Babs has an edge in stats
Babs 1.25 mill 1-2-0 .900 3.01
Gustavsson 1.35 million 4-4-0 .878 3.78

We know that Babs does well with multiple games in a row rather than single occasional games, which may help TOR with their current situation (although Reimer may be back within a few weeks, but who knows with concussion issues). While Scrivens has done decently as of late, he definitely needs a bit more seasoning to be more consistent.

We could even throw in Biz to sweeten the deal :P
CBL

Re: Jonas Gustavsson?

Postby CBL on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:37 pm

The more I see him flounder in Toronto, the more I think he might be worth a look for us. I guess we'd have to try and pawn off Babs (which I'm guessing Toronto would not be interested in), but I guess we could add something else to sweeten it a bit.

GOALIE_______GP______W______L______T______OT______SV%______GAA
LaBarbera_______16_______3_______7_______0_______2_______.912________2.59
Gustavsson______33_______16______12______0_______2_______.905________2.89

I know it won't happen, just saying it would be nice :) Smith - Gustavsson would make for interesting Goalie depth (and might allow us to give Mike E. a bit more down-time to avoid the "weird" games--like the one vs. LA)
CBL

Postby Murf on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:16 pm

I'd take anything for Labarbera at this point. He's just plain done. Bring back Tellqvist.
Murf
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator

Postby Stunned on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:05 pm

Murf wrote:I'd take anything for Labarbera at this point. He's just plain done. Bring back Tellqvist.

:lol: +1
Stunned
Administrator
Administrator

Location: With my therapist, discussing my level of fanaticism

Postby BigGumby on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:02 am

Was honestly hoping McElhinney would replace him next season, but that one is out of the picture...
“We didn’t go into the playoffs through the back door. We kicked the door down."

--GM Don Maloney

"Note: Dave Tippett's quotes play a Dave Tippett system."

--Harrison Mooney (Puck Daddy)
BigGumby
Rookie
Rookie

Postby CBL on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:47 am

3 B2Bs in March; let's hope Babs can show up for 2 of those. I know he's a character guy, but we should probably focus on our youth rather than bring in another tender once the season is over.

It would have been nice to get in on the Bishop deal, but I suppose we're set in Goalie depth (Visentin/Domingue along with Lee and Cheverie). Admittedly, not all of them are NHL caliber, but it's nice to have some depth.
CBL

Return to Trade/Free Agent Talk & Rumors