Who will be on the move?

This is the place to talk all trade and free agent ideas and rumors.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Re: Who will be on the move?

Postby Don on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:58 am

Kaibur wrote:What about this one to give Oakie a shot at the Cup?

Aucoin & Goncharov to BOS for Caron & Hamill

Caron could replace Pyatt as a big bodied (but younger) winger in the bottom 6. Hamill's a former first round pick (which GMDM seems to love), but is kind of in the Miele mould. We could re-sign Aucoin if we stay in Phoenix and he so desires. Couple Boston fans seem open to it.

I can't see Boston giving up 2 forwards for 2 defenseman. Wouldn't mind seeing Aucoin here but, not if he's an UFA next season. That would essentially be a Goncharov for Caron and Hamill trade and that's not going to happen. I don't see Boston making any moves until the off season, they are playing pretty good at the moment and don't have any gaping holes to fix. Now, if you wanted to send Yandle this way.....
Don
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Kaibur on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:38 am

Don wrote:
Kaibur wrote:What about this one to give Oakie a shot at the Cup?

Aucoin & Goncharov to BOS for Caron & Hamill

Caron could replace Pyatt as a big bodied (but younger) winger in the bottom 6. Hamill's a former first round pick (which GMDM seems to love), but is kind of in the Miele mould. We could re-sign Aucoin if we stay in Phoenix and he so desires. Couple Boston fans seem open to it.

I can't see Boston giving up 2 forwards for 2 defenseman. Wouldn't mind seeing Aucoin here but, not if he's an UFA next season. That would essentially be a Goncharov for Caron and Hamill trade and that's not going to happen. I don't see Boston making any moves until the off season, they are playing pretty good at the moment and don't have any gaping holes to fix. Now, if you wanted to send Yandle this way.....

I've communicated with a few knowledgeable Bruins fans who tend to think that the forward corps is pretty cemented and that Hamill (who was on waivers earlier in the year) will never get a shot and that Caron could be had for a good rental. They say that the deadline move that makes the most sense is acquiring some veteran depth on defense, as Kampfer and Bartowski are too green or just don't have the chops for playoff hockey and if an injury or two occurred the Bruins' D corps would be in for a rough ride. Aucoin would certainly provide that depth with the ability to jump up into the top 4 if injuries occurred without being cost or term prohibitive.

Concerning the bold part, rental prices are usually pretty steep. And if it turns out to be Caron & Hamill for Goncharov and a 2nd Cup, I bet Chiarelli would jump on it. Their might be other vet Dmen available for cheaper, but we'll see how the market shakes out. Oakie may not even want to waive his clause.
Kaibur
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby Robert Earthpig on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:18 pm

Still like to see the dogs try to wrestle Rask out of Beantown but Timmy T's recent snub of the White House may make him the man on the move. While Thomas is still an excellent goalie, I wouldn't want to see the dogs give up tons for an old goalie. Give up tons for a young goalie with impressive upside, still.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby CBL on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:02 pm

Robert Earthpig wrote:While Thomas is still an excellent goalie, I wouldn't want to see the dogs give up tons for an old goalie.

It would be nice, but I don't see it happening. We have a logjam of vets in Portland, perhaps we could get rid of some of them for him?

Babs, [aging vet or two that is tradeable], McEllhinney (if he gets healthy here soon), and Maclean for Thomas and Khudobin would work for me :lol: .

They get a marginal veteran back-up (giving Rask more play time), veteran leadership (of some sort) on the farm, a decent Farmy goaltender (while Hurchison becomes more seasoned), and a possible (albeit slow) 4th liner.

We get a strong back-up that we could use to provide Mike E some rest (without the inconsistency of Babs), and a strong Farmy goaltender, while getting rid of a few vets and someone who might get more play time elsewhere.

Of course, I'd prefer to get Rask, but I can't see them pulling the trigger on that unless we give aplenty
CBL

Postby Robert Earthpig on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:19 pm

Considering our woeful drafting record - offer two firsties and Labarbara to the Bs for Rask!
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby Robert Earthpig on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:20 pm

Derek Roy... should Phoenix consider trying to snag him?
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Previous

Return to Trade/Free Agent Talk & Rumors