Nash

This is the place to talk all trade and free agent ideas and rumors.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Nash

Postby cin on Mon May 28, 2012 6:32 am

Any chance we could make another deal with the cbj? This time for Nash. Prospects + picks going the other way, maybe even a roster player like Korpikoski. This type of package should get us a first line player, any other names of interest, that could fit in? Iginla? Sorry, but as a long time fan from Sweden and new member on this board, I like our chances for next year, maybe to much. Good thing I am not the GM. But adding like two pieces to our mix this year would be so great. Resigning players for 2014 will be under bigger contracts, so 2012-13 is our chance. Or at least our first big one.
cin
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Re: Nash

Postby yotesreign on Mon May 28, 2012 11:58 am

If the ownership issue is resolved soon, I'd like to see them go after Nash. He's too productive against us - be nice to have him on our side. Although I don't like to see him score against us, I begrudingly enjoy watching him play against us and I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Coyotes uni at all. I also think given we made it to the final four, that plus getting with a new owner who let agents know "we're committed to improving" - Phoenix would be a much more attractive spot for players to come to than it is with the cloud of uncertainty cast over us from being owned by the league.
yotesreign
Rookie
Rookie

Postby CBL on Mon May 28, 2012 10:46 pm

I'd rather pick up someone with a shorter contract (no more than 3 years) than Nash's. I also wouldn't mind finding someone a few years younger than Nash (not that he's too old) to fit in better with the team. His production has sort of tapered off the last three seasons and we don't really have a decent enough center to set him up (Although I suppose Vermette would work well with him). He also has a pretty high pricetag, so I can't see us adding him to the roster (even with new ownership who I can't imagine would add 8 million to the payroll in their first season).
CBL

Postby Robert Earthpig on Tue May 29, 2012 8:58 am

Would love to see us snag Nash but he'll end up in a monster market (New York, Vancouver, Toronto etc.) I can really see him landing with the Rangers or perhaps even the Canucks (Luongo, a first rounder and another roster player to CBJ for Nash).
We'd have to give up too much and it would dent our growth plan too much to get him. And besides, we need an elite center - not an elite winger. That said, I'd rather we went after Parise but with the Devils in the finals - Wiley ole Lou will re-sign his captain.
I am accepting of the likely fact that we won't land a significant player in free agency or by trade. Likely more of the same from the past couple of years - last minute NHL-quality player additions, ala Boyd Gordon, Daymond Langkow.
That's cool. Onward and upward and don't rock the boat too much for a quick fix. We don't need a quick fix. We need steady progression from our youngsters and we saw that in the playoffs.
Expect OEL to become one of the brightest young defenders in the NHL next season; I expect Boedker to become a 50 point winger (if he gets top two line minutes); I reckon Gormley will come aboard and begin his career (two or three years away from becoming a dominant defender); I expect Yandle to remain a top five or six in the league defender; I expect Korpikoski to take another step forward; ditto Hanzal. And I think guys like Pyatt and Brule will also amp up their games next year.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby cin on Tue May 29, 2012 9:58 am

No, we do not need a quick fix and it does not have to be. If we can land someone of first line capacity, it could be someone that could stay for years. I know it might be tough to deal prospects, but we have plenty of them and we do not know how good they will be. But, that seems to be the coyote plan and that is ok. We will be good either way. Think we have good enough centers. Vermette or Hanzal is not third liners, which they will be if we bring a center in. Go for a winger if they choose that path.
cin
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby Matzel on Tue May 29, 2012 7:03 pm

Following years of mismanagement and perennial losses, don`t count on new ownership coming in, making a big splash by signing a star. It would be the wrong thing to do prior to building a strong financial foundation. New ownership alone does not change anything regarding the payroll. This team needs more people in the stands and higher average ticket pricing in order to break even - without a payroll increase.
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Trade/Free Agent Talk & Rumors