Here's a rumor involving Yandle

This is the place to talk all trade and free agent ideas and rumors.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Re: Here's a rumor involving Yandle

Postby CBL on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:36 pm

As much potential as Yandle has, I just don't think he fits the 'Yotes mold. He would be an excellent addition to a team with sound defense needing only one "scoring" D-man to make a big difference. Our defence is excellent, but we do have more "scoring D-men" than I'd like to see on one team. With OEL, Rundblad, and some of our pups, Yandle is expendable (in my opinion). Sure OEL is still young and Rundblad is unpredictable at best (performance-wise), but they could more than fill the void if we added a strong (scoring) Center or Winger to the roster.

I mentioned elsewhere on this board(I think--I may have deleted that thought though) that I wouldn't mind seeing Briere added. With the NTC, I doubt he'd be interested this season. Now, if the Flyers choose to buy him out at the end of this season (although I doubt he is the lead candidate for that CBA option), I wouldn't mind us shooting him an offer for next season.
CBL

Postby Matzel on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:50 pm

^ don't forget - we have Gormley on the farm, Matt. ;-)

Yandle *is* definitely expandable at the right price. That said, he does have the "Yotes 4 Life" attitude as was illustrated earlier this season by him not wanting to go to Europe or play for any other club. That's hard to find in pro sports today...
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby CBL on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:09 pm

Matzel wrote:^ don't forget - we have Gormley on the farm, Matt. ;-)
Yandle *is* definitely expandable at the right price. That said, he does have the "Yotes 4 Life" attitude as was illustrated earlier this season by him not wanting to go to Europe or play for any other club. That's hard to find in pro sports today...

I don't keep up much with the farm (except for when updates are posted to this board), but I do know we have some pups chompin' at the bit to get to the bigs...

On Yandle...perhaps if he played in Europe he would be more up to form than he has been so far this abbreviated season. Don't get me wrong, he has done okay, I just expected a bit more
CBL

Postby Robert Earthpig on Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:32 pm

Ot there's this... the Coyotes trade Yandle, Boedker and Gormley for Ovechkin. League okays deal because Ovechkin's presence would significantly boost the odds of a sale of the team.
Personally, I wouldn't like it.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby Matzel on Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:24 am

Robert Earthpig wrote:Ot there's this... the Coyotes trade Yandle, Boedker and Gormley for Ovechkin. League okays deal because Ovechkin's presence would significantly boost the odds of a sale of the team.
Personally, I wouldn't like it.

There really isn't a scenario where I would like to deal Yandle *and* Gormley. Make it Yandle, Boedker and Rundblad - we have a deal. ;)
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Robert Earthpig on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:34 am

You know, it would be exciting to see Ovechkin don the brick red but the cost would be too much.
Right now the dogs have one of the best bluelines in the NHL and it will only get BETTER with the addition of a couple of young studs (Gormley, Stone, Summers, Rundblad and Murphy) - and Boedker is heading toward being a 50-65 point player on a regular basis - or becoming the consistent scoring threat from the wing we've always craved from an in-house guy.
So... here's hoping GMDM can pull off a miracle trade and land Ovechkin for SQUAT! LOL
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby Hulkzilla on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Just wishful thinking right here. Now that we have Riberio wouldn't it fantastic to have him feed the puck to Thomas Vanek? Am I right or am I right. Buffalo needs to move him what better place. I know..I said wishful thinkin didnt I.
The Liver is EVIL...and Must be Punished
Hulkzilla
Prospect
Prospect

Postby cin on Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:47 am

I wonder what kind of forward return we can get for klesla + Moss + 2nd....like the ribeiro signing, but still one top 6 forward short. Like the vanek idea!
cin
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby coyotetony on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:25 am

Found this post by some brilliant guy. I happen to agree. Trade Yandle for an upfront player and allow OEL be given the green light every time.

coyotetony wrote:
white_tiger wrote:
coyotetony wrote:I don't see Yandle and OEL being able to reach each of their highest potential while on the same team.

Why? It isn't like they are on the ice together except for PP...

Because each will eat into the other's ice time with the better offensive forwards. This team only has so much ... or so little top offensive time to offer offensive dmen. Furthermore, with the team's defensive game plan, the offensive ice time they have is secondary.

Never said they wouldn't be good on the same team, but each's offensive output will not be as great as it could be.

RE, many of those Dmen pairings were not put together at the start of their careers or at the young age Yandle and OEL are at ... and at the stage of their careers, played a different game then they did at the beginning (Blake and Bourque) Furthermore, many of them brought different types of games (ie: Nieds and Stevens ... 2 very different Dmen).
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Bill Cosby
coyotetony
Top Line Center
Top Line Center

Postby Robert Earthpig on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:55 am

Like the Vanek suggestion - he'd definitely boost our offence. A first line of Vanek, Ribeiro and Vrbata would be strong.
There are a number of players we could snag for Yandle who'd immediately improve our top six forwards. Like the sound of this one.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Previous

Return to Trade/Free Agent Talk & Rumors