Here's a rumor involving Yandle

This is the place to talk all trade and free agent ideas and rumors.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Here's a rumor involving Yandle

Postby CBL on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:45 pm

Came across this fun little rumor earlier today:
"Keith Yandle to Bruins?"

In brief, the rumor has a Yandle for Krejci trade. While this is worth considering, and the Bruins definitely need some scoring D-men (and we need a scoring Center), I doubt it is on the table. Their salaries are the same, but Yandle has one extra year (and is 1 year younger). Unless this deal involves other players/pick, I'd pass (at the moment). Don't get me wrong, I'd love to add Krejci to our roster (especially on a line with Vrbata), but I'd wait a bit (perhaps a month or two into the season) and see how both players do.
CBL

Re: Here's a rumor involving Yandle

Postby Matzel on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:08 am

What season, Matt?!

;-)
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby CBL on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:31 am

Matzel wrote:What season, Matt?!

;-)

ThInK PoSiTiVeLy :thumbsup:
CBL

Postby Robert Earthpig on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:07 am

I'd hate to see us trade a No. 1 defenceman for a No. 2 center. It would be a decent trade if it was Yandle and a second rounder to Boston for Krejci and Dougie Hamilton.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby coyotetony on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:22 pm

I don't see Yandle and OEL being able to reach each of their highest potential while on the same team.
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Bill Cosby
coyotetony
Top Line Center
Top Line Center

Postby white_tiger on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:15 am

coyotetony wrote:I don't see Yandle and OEL being able to reach each of their highest potential while on the same team.

Why? It isn't like they are on the ice together except for PP...
5th Year Season Ticket Holder
Sec 209 Row O 3
white_tiger
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator

Postby Robert Earthpig on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:22 am

Suter and Weber did okay together... Keith and Seabrook... Robinson and Savard... Coffey and Murphy... Coffey and Lowe... Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo... Housley and Oulassen... Blake and Bourque... Pronger and Niedermayer... Niedermayer and Stevens... guess the point being having two stud blueliners play on the same team is a darned good thing. Double your pleasure and odds.
Yandle will eventually become trade bait... I just hope the dogs hold off until his value is at its highest and we get the best return. IF Rundblad keeps developing and becomes 'Yandle-esque,' we will be saying good bye to one of the two of them.
And hopefully the player(s) we say hello to will be important pieces to a championship team puzzle.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby coyotetony on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:49 pm

white_tiger wrote:
coyotetony wrote:I don't see Yandle and OEL being able to reach each of their highest potential while on the same team.

Why? It isn't like they are on the ice together except for PP...

Because each will eat into the other's ice time with the better offensive forwards. This team only has so much ... or so little top offensive time to offer offensive dmen. Furthermore, with the team's defensive game plan, the offensive ice time they have is secondary.

Never said they wouldn't be good on the same team, but each's offensive output will not be as great as it could be.

RE, many of those Dmen pairings were not put together at the start of their careers or at the young age Yandle and OEL are at ... and at the stage of their careers, played a different game then they did at the beginning (Blake and Bourque) Furthermore, many of them brought different types of games (ie: Nieds and Stevens ... 2 very different Dmen).
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
Bill Cosby
coyotetony
Top Line Center
Top Line Center

Postby Robert Earthpig on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:01 pm

After last night's game, I'd prefer it if OEL was given the green light to engage and Yandle was told to take care of his own end and stop being such a twitching git with the biscuit. Dang he was rotten against the Hawks.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby Robert Earthpig on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:46 pm

See the rumour mill is starting to churn again concerning Yandle - again with Boston. :screwy:
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby penfold314 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:53 pm

Robert Earthpig wrote:See the rumour mill is starting to churn again concerning Yandle - again with Boston. :screwy:

With all our injuries? I vote unlikely
penfold314
Prospect
Prospect

Postby Robert Earthpig on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:58 pm

Yandle has really started playing up to snuff again, bless him.
I can't see him being traded now - unless GMDM was offered something huge. I guess that is the scuttlebutt - he's dangled Yandle and asked for the moon and here we are. Good for him. That's his job.
The dogs have the deepest pool of defence prospects in the NHL and it is a certainty that that depth is going to eventually land us a star forward.
Teams in need of improvement and added depth on the back end, IMO: Islanders, Flyers, Senators, Jets, Blue Jackets, Red Wings, Flames, Avalanche, Oilers, Wild, Canucks, Stars and Ducks.
Of them, the teams that have forwards who could be available who would improve Phoenix' forward depth: Islanders (Niederreiter); Flyers (Simmonds, Briere, Schenn, Read); BJs (Brassard); Wings (Filppula); Avalanche (O'Reilly, Stastny); Oilers (Gagner).
We wouldn't deal with the Stars or Ducks (highly unlikely).

GMDM could try to swing for the fences with the following kinds of offers...
To the Oilers - Yandle, Gormley and our 2013 first rounder for Jordan Eberle. Smoking good deal for the Oil to propel them forward and Eberle would be a dream player for a coach like Tippett.
To the Jets - Yandle and our 2013 first rounder for Evander Kane.
To the Wings - Yandle, Vermette, Chris Summers and our 2013 second rounder for Datsyuk. Seriously. The Wings need to consider a small re-build. That would be a strong fetch for Datsyuk whose best years are behind him. But he'd be a sick fit with Coach Tippett's system and would assume first line center duties for the next three years or more.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby Matzel on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:57 pm

I'd be ecstatic if a deal could fetch young Niederreiter. Love the upside.

That said, there would be no scenario in my mind that could make GMDM trade Yandle *and* Gormley. No way. No how. ;)
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Robert Earthpig on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:17 pm

Thar's a-gonna be some wheelin' and dealin' over the next month. I can see managers making trades sooner than later in regards to the 'deadline' this year, because of the sked etc.
Teams that should be assured of playoff billings that are struggling (San Jose, Minnesota, Rangers, Philadelphia, Washington, Buffalo, LA) will surely be looking to make 'shake up' deals.
Teams dealing with injuries (Ottawa, Vancouver, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Montreal) will be seeking depth insurance and upgrades.
Teams that flat out suck that will make house cleaning deals or seek young talent for under-performing older guys: Columbus, Florida, Colorado, Calgary, Islanders.
Teams that think they're close and are looking for that 'one guy': Boston, St. Louis, Chicago, New Jersey, Nashville.
Teams that want to add better players but aren't sure if they should go for it or hold still: Detroit, Tampa, Toronto, Edmonton, Ducks, Dallas, Carolina, Winnipeg.

Likely trading partners considering (for Phoenix) and my wild guesses:
1) Rangers : GMDM's relationship with Slats could produce an interesting trade. It seems the Rangers have issues with Brad Richards and his big fat contract/length. Chitter chatter of buy out candidacy etc. (likely a management plant to get him playing better). A Yandle for Richards deal is doable. You heard it here first!
2) Philly : Briere is annoyed with the Flyers for trade talk. Says he won't waive his NTC. Perhaps he could be co-erced to return to Phoenix where he'd be the number one centre. Chris Summers and a second and third rounder to the Flyers for Briere.
3) Washington: Yandle and a second rounder for Backstrom.
4) Columbus : Yandle, Lombardi and our 2013 first rounder for Brassard and the BJ's 2013 first rounder (dream on - Seth Jones or Nate McKinnon would be nice additions eh wot?)
5) Florida : Yandle for Weiss and a second rounder (which would be a high second pick). I'd do it in a heart beat if I was Tallon. Even say that we'd be losers in such a deal... hmm... still...

Add any one of those centermen (Richards, Briere, Backstrom, Brassard or Weiss) to our team and our offence would be noticeably improved.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby Hulkzilla on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Yandle should be traded..I know there are a few on this site that don't like him and those that do..I was on the fence..I fell off it yesterday and landed on the dislike side. I have always noticed how he can't keep the puck in to sustain pressure..it always slips by or bounces over his stick..he hasn't figured out that the puck is allowed to touch his body. Even though he's a plus 2 I cringe every time the pucks in our end and he's on the ice. I develop these ESP powers that shows me the other team scoring and him just standing there screening Smith. I really think his stock is falling. The kids with less experience are playing better. Now is the time to act as GMs are getting itchy fingers thinking about who to call to trade for.
Anyone have a few names that could be picked up

Just added this before I read above post..Briere would be fun to see..but I think he's got way too many kids to want to move.
The Liver is EVIL...and Must be Punished
Hulkzilla
Prospect
Prospect

Next

Return to Trade/Free Agent Talk & Rumors