Lecavalier?

This is the place to talk all trade and free agent ideas and rumors.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Lecavalier?

Postby Robert Earthpig on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:11 pm

All right then - another high end centerman is becoming available - Vincent Lecavalier. What thinks you my fellow dog fans of GMDM trying to lure Vinnie to the desert/Seattle?

Teams in need of a higher end pivot have plenty of options right now.
Lecavalier, Danny Briere, Brad Richards... Mike Ribiero's value has plunged as a UFA because...Anyone of those four guys would be great to see added to the dogs. Hell, I'd be happy to see Iginla signed to a two or three year deal. His leadership would be valuable and he'd still be a top six improvement. His affiliations with Doaner could make it a reality.
A line with Iginla, Doan and Vinnie Lecavalier would be a pain in the ass to play against! The crusty vets leader line.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Re: Lecavalier?

Postby CBL on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:03 pm

I wouldn't mind adding Lecavalier, but I think we'll get outbid on him :-( Still, if we had ownership in place, that would be a decent gamble for a 2-3 year contract (he'll probably get more elsewhere).

In terms of Iginla, I once thought he'd be a nice addition, but I think I'd pass at this point since we have few like players in Doan, Hanzal, Chip, and Korpi. Don't get me wrong, if it was possible at an affordable price, I'd take him, but we need more youth at the moment instead of more reclamation projects.
CBL

Postby Hulkzilla on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:20 am

I think Lecavalier would be the best poster boy of that group to sell tickets..Just like the Tony Amonte experiment...Also the better player.
The Liver is EVIL...and Must be Punished
Hulkzilla
Prospect
Prospect

Postby Robert Earthpig on Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:37 pm

Lecavalier still has lots left in the tank. A new environment will do him wonders and he could easily break out again for the next couple of seasons. A cup winner, a captain, a gold medal winner, fading superstar... but he'd instantly become our first line pivot - something we haven't had since JR.
Other centres we could snag who'd fill the first line slot include: Stephen Weiss, Brad Richards, Tyler Seguin, Danny Briere, Mike Cammalleri, Paul Stastny, Mike Ribeiro and Sam Gagner.
It would take Yandle via trade to land Seguin (along with a draft pick and prospect) as well as Gagner (straight up with Oilers getting edge in trade). Stastny could be had for a prospect such as Chris Summers and a fourth rounder, but he's expensive. Ribeiro, Briere and Weiss can be signed. The expensive Cammalleri could be had for Summers and a third rounder and Richards could be plucked for a 2014 first rounder and a prospect like Summers or Goncharov or Schlemko.
Anyone of those centermen would bolster our top six. My personal preference of the lot would be Seguin, who would become the top producing forward we've always needed - and it is doable apparently. Boston isn't re-signing Andrew Ference and will be re-building its D. B-towner Yandle will be in Chiarelli's focus.
If a theft of Seguin cannot be achieved, I'd love to see us sign Lecavalier, with Richards coming second and Weiss third.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby Matzel on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:58 am

I think Vinnie in a Yotes sweater is a pipe dream.

*IF* the dogs stay in CoG beyond this summer, I fully expect the shoestring budget and dumpster diving to continue. Nothing changes overnight. There are no Brinks trucks with cash pulling up to GMDM's office, all of a sudden giving the club the potential to vie for the services of the most coveted FAs of the summer.

The more things change - the more they'll stay the same. :-(
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Robert Earthpig on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:42 pm

One must always believe and dream... where there is a will and all...
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Return to Trade/Free Agent Talk & Rumors