Grabovski down to 3 teams - per TSN.ca

This is the place to talk all trade and free agent ideas and rumors.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Grabovski down to 3 teams - per TSN.ca

Postby Murf on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:37 am

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=428410

Are the Coyotes one of the three?
Murf
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator

Re: Grabovski down to 3 teams - per TSN.ca

Postby Matzel on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:55 am

Meh. :-|

Not sure if the Yotes make the three team list. What I can't decipher is whether three teams are interested or he simply named three teams he'd be interested in joining.
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby CBL on Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:25 pm

Murf wrote:Are the Coyotes one of the three?

Like Matz, I doubt we are one of the options he's considering. Plus, we need a winger, not another Center (unless we get rid of Vermette or Hanzal); additionally, even if we did sign him, we'd still need that winger :-?
CBL

Postby Murf on Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:54 pm

It may be hard for Wings to move to Center, but Centers should be able move to Wing without much difficulty.

I also think it is unlikely, but not impossible. Phoenix has the cap space, needs forwards, and DM and DT have a history of getting the most out of players. There is a lot less external pressure here. Add more scoring to our lineup, and you start to think "contender".

That said, I'm not advocating one way or another. Just thought it was interesting.
Murf
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator

Postby Hulkzilla on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:25 pm

Just realized that when I clicked the link that it didn't go to some article about how much our team should be moved along with the hate mail stating how much we suck. It's cool that I can look at the website again. I've been avoiding it for so long. As to the topic. 13 game packs are being released next week and they still need a scoring winger that must come from a trade. Another name to advertise with and make the 5 o'clock news would be a huge plus. I'm going to be disappointed going into the season as we are now. I believe Don knows Riberio gets his points from assists and needs a shooter to feed the puck to. Like.. no duh..am i right or am i right.
The Liver is EVIL...and Must be Punished
Hulkzilla
Prospect
Prospect

Postby CBL on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:17 pm

We may be waiting to see how camp goes (although I'm sure they're talking to potential additions). I suppose GMDM could be waiting for teams to start waiving players and try to snag one there. Of course, I would like to see a trade, but I'm not sure it will happen before the season starts :(

I think one of the big questions GMDM might be asking is if the D can make up for the possible loss of Yandle to a trade (*cough* Rundblad *cough*). If he could make up for some of the deficit, we could potentially get a decent player for Yandle
CBL

Postby Robert Earthpig on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:42 pm

We could get a top three forward for Yandle. He has immense trade value and the reason he hasn't been dealt so far is because GMDM ain't gonna give him away.
Frankly - I am starting to lean on the side of the fence that holds the sway we keep him - as he's just entering his prime years. Having the one-two punch of Yandle and OEL in our top four is sick and delicious blueline depth. That kind of blueline depth wins championships.
We could/should trade Rundblad and a first rounder etc. and go after a top six forward.
Rundblad and a firstie could land us the likes of Thomas Vanek from Buffalo.
Vanek / Ribiero and Vrbata would be a sparkling trio, with a second line of Boedker / Vermette and Doan, leaving Hanzal between Korpikoski and Moss on our third line - which would be blinding fast and defensively stout.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby CBL on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:24 pm

While I like your thinking, Boedker and Doan have never really "clicked" if I remember correctly.

If we snagged Vanek, I could see the following:
Vanek - Ribeiro - Doan
Boedker - Hanzal - Vrbata
Vermette - Klink - Korpi
Biz/pup - Chip - Moss/Brown/pup
CBL

Return to Trade/Free Agent Talk & Rumors