Plunderings and pinchings

This is the place to talk all trade and free agent ideas and rumors.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Plunderings and pinchings

Postby Robert Earthpig on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:54 pm

It is getting to that point in the season where some clubs are getting desperate. One of them is the Florida Panthers, with a purge about to happen.
The Panthers have a couple of players who would fit well with the dogs...
1) Tomas Fleischmann - 60 point potential as a top six winger.
2) Tomas Kopecky - big winger with two cup rings and 40-50 point potential.
3) Shawn Matthias - big centre/winger with 40 point potential.

Wouldn't mind seeing GMDM find a way to land one of those players.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Re: Plunderings and pinchings

Postby Hulkzilla on Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:16 pm

Never heard of em..But I support the addition of another scorer. Injuries are right around the corner. The Defense has back-ups. The Forwards not so much. Smith goes down I'm selling my seats.
Being Florida I'd have to google the team rooster. If I was being quizzed and ask to name players I would blurt out Scott Mellanby and John Vanbiesbrouck...they aint that old are they?
The Liver is EVIL...and Must be Punished
Hulkzilla
Prospect
Prospect

Postby CBL on Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:18 pm

Robert Earthpig wrote:It is getting to that point in the season where some clubs are getting desperate. One of them is the Florida Panthers, with a purge about to happen.
The Panthers have a couple of players who would fit well with the dogs...

1) Tomas Fleischmann | I wouldn't mind adding him, depending on what we'd have to give up. I'd be more interested if he was about 3-4 years younger, but he might do well for us
2) Tomas Kopecky | I don't think we need another RW (we have plenty of those ; in fact, a few of them are playing on the left). Now, if he was about 5 years younger, perhaps I wouldn't mind acquiring him.
3) Shawn Matthias | No thanks (although he is about the right age for a player I'd like to acquire). I personally think we are currently decent at center (Vermette-Hanzal-Halpern-Chip and possibly Ribs, but he seems to be doing well on the wing).

4) Huberdeau | Young and promising center, could supplant Vermette (if he falters--he's been decent as of late), but I doubt they'd be willing to move him
5) Upshall | Not top 6, but I wouldn't mind getting him back (he seemed to do well with us and now that we have some other players in-place he could excel if he stays healthy)
6) Versteeg | If we added a RW, I guess I could settle for him. Mid-career, decent production potential (if he was in the right environment)

That's about all I'd like to pinch from their roster at this point (unless they wanted to move Barkov :P )...
CBL

Postby cin on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:46 am

I am reading that mr Erat has asked to be traded from Washington... To me it sounds like a good fit for the Hanzal - Vrbata line!? Contract for one more year after this and only 2.25 or something in dollars. Klesla, Schlemko or Rundblad (please Rundblad) + low pick maybe? Guess we will find out soon...
cin
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby Hulkzilla on Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:25 pm

Washington fans have said that Runblad would be a fair and welcome trade...thumbs people :thumbsup:
The Liver is EVIL...and Must be Punished
Hulkzilla
Prospect
Prospect

Postby Robert Earthpig on Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:27 pm

Erat could be had for a second rounder and a farm player. Not sure if he's worth it any more. Having played in the Preds system for so long, he's defensively conscious but not so sure he'd be worth it. Rather see GMDM swing for the fences and try to land a top three forward. This year's draft doesn't appear to be that stocked with surefire talent. Now is the time to trade a first rounder, especially if the dogs remain in the top 10 in the league through to season's end.
A first rounder packaged along with Rundblad and a prospect such as Lessio or Brown could bring in a quality player.

Would love to see Huberdeau land in Phoenix but we'd have to give up OEL for him. Nu-uh.

I believe one of Rundblad, Gormley, Stone or Murphy will be moved at some point this season for a top six forward.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby CBL on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:10 pm

cin wrote:I am reading that mr Erat has asked to be traded from Washington... To me it sounds like a good fit for the Hanzal - Vrbata line!? Contract for one more year after this and only 2.25 or something in dollars. Klesla, Schlemko or Rundblad (please Rundblad) + low pick maybe? Guess we will find out soon...

I wouldn't mind seeing Rundblad moved for Erat. It would probably be best for both players. Rundblad would get more ice-time (how many games has Green missed so far this season?). Plus, when Green is healthy, Rundblad could learn more from watching him play (in the Caps system--which is more offensively-minded). Then, when Green leaves, he might be ready to step into his role.
CBL

Postby penfold314 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Hulkzilla wrote:Washington fans have said that Runblad would be a fair and welcome trade...thumbs people :thumbsup:

would be good for the players also. They would both get more playing time than they are getting on their current teams
penfold314
Prospect
Prospect

Postby Robert Earthpig on Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:18 pm

The Winnipeg Jets are starting to reel. Chatter of Kane and Byfuglien being traded...

GMDM should try to package a deal for Evander Kane. I think Mikkel Boedker and David Rundblad could get it done. Hate to lose Boedker but Kane is a pure sniper who needs a different market to play in. Kane on a line with Ribeiro and Doan would be something to behold. Ribeiro needs a sniper to feed and Kane has wheels as good as Boedker's but plays much bigger - as in likes to hit and will fight, too. He's in a war with Coach Noel and I think Tip could get the best out of the kid.
This could work because the Jets might also be ready to deal Dustin Byfuglien. Rundblad could replace, in part, his offence, but with Jacob Trouba developing faster than expected, the big guy could and should be dealt for help up front.
That trade would replace the offence lost with Kane being dealt, not to mention he and Boedker are on the same scoring pace thus far this season. So the Jets could come out ahead, too, by dealing Kane to the dogs, as long as they deal Byfuglien, too.

Make it so. :drink:
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Return to Trade/Free Agent Talk & Rumors