Boston trade talk

This is the place to talk all trade and free agent ideas and rumors.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Boston trade talk

Postby Matzel on Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:52 am

With Denis Seidenberg out for the remainder of the season, does this open the door for talking Yandle trade talk? Maybe Klesla can be moved for a decent forward prospect?

Discuss...
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Boston trade talk

Postby Hulkzilla on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:56 pm

I don't want any more prospects..I don't know what Yandle can bring us either, some nights he's leading the charge and making the plays, other nights he's dropping a steaming, tightly coiled pile of failure on the ice. I can't remember when the last time he was one of the 3 stars of a game either.

I can't recall Any trades being done this year besides the Sabre/Islanders. Kinda quiet...too quiet..I suppose the sellers get more at trade deadline. Leaves the middle of the road teams like ourselves just sitting on our hands. :thumbsup:
The Liver is EVIL...and Must be Punished
Hulkzilla
Prospect
Prospect

Postby CBL on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:21 pm

I just don't see much on the Bruins Roster that I'd be interested in (excluding the 10 or so players with NMCs or NTCs), but I suppose I'd settle for a Yandle, Klesla, and prospect/pick for Iginla, Smith, and prospect/pick (which I doubt they'd accept).
CBL

Postby Don on Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:00 am

When I heard about Seidenberg, I thought about a trade for Yandle. I don't think Boston needs him though. Boston has plenty of puck moving d-men, they need a more stay at home guy and you're right, Boston isn't going to trade Iginla or Smith. Smith has turned out be the better part of the Seguin trade. With the injuries they have I'm not sure what they have to offer anyone without hurting them too much.
Don
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Matzel on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:30 am

With games like last night (vs. the Oil), Yandle's stock should be rising...

Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Robert Earthpig on Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:35 pm

Yandle got jobbed by the US Olympic team selection group. Guess they don't want to score much.

We could get a TON for Yandle and WAY more than an old Iginla and Smith.
GMDM could snag a top three forward for him but I doubt he wants to trade him right now.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby CBL on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:58 am

I agree, we should be able to get more for Yandle, but the thread was related to Boston trades. 11 of their roster players have NMCs or NTCs, so any decent scorers/players would most likely be unavailable. Even the players with team-restricted NTCs would probably have Phoenix as one of the teams they wouldn't want to be traded to (especially if they had to declare their non-preferences at the start of the season).

Still:
[age 36] Iginla | 12g | 15a | 27pts | +17 | 2 PPs | 1 GW | (Doan/Boedker - Ribs - Iginla)
[age 22] Smith | 14g | 17a | 31pts | +6 | 4 PPs | 4 GW | ( Boedker/Doan - Vermette - Smith/Vrbata ) (Klink/Korpi - Hanzal - Vrbata/Smith) (Chip/Biz - Halpern - Moss)

[age 27] Yandle | 6g | 21a | 27pts | -5 | 2 PPs | 1 GW |
[age 31] Klesla | 1g | 3a | 4pts | -3 | 0 PPs | 0 GW |

We would have to give up a bit more on the prospect/pick side, but not an altogether horrible trade (for us). Boston still has enough forward depth to keep up their main scoring and adds a lethal scoring D-man and a semi-decent addition if he would be given more time to "recover" (like it or not Klesla was one of our better Defensive D-man options--next to Z of course, but above Morris IMO).

Yandle is hot at the moment, so (like it or not) he would be the most valuable asset on the current roster (next to OEL--who is untouchable imho)
CBL

Postby Robert Earthpig on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:57 pm

Yandle and our 2014 first rounder to the Bruins for Lucic and their 2014 first rounder. Lucic would have made Derek MacKenzie spit some teeth out after that hit on OEL.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Return to Trade/Free Agent Talk & Rumors