Trade Talk: 2015-2016

This is the place to talk all trade and free agent ideas and rumors.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Trade Talk: 2015-2016

Postby CBL on Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:14 am

Okay, new thread for random discussions on possible trades throughout the season.

With Columbus struggling, perhaps a trade would improve both teams. Boedker, Vitale, and Dahlbeck for Johansen and Connauton sounds good to me.

We could move Vermette to the left, slot Johanssen into Center, and move Rieder up to the 1st line RW.

They'd have Boedker - Dubinsky - Saad on the first and could move Foligno to Center on the 2nd.

Dahlbeck adds size to their defense and we get a serviceable #6 defenseman in Connauton

They could send Wennberg or Karlsson down (both have 2-way contracts) and add Vitale as their 4th line Center once he heals up
CBL

Re: Trade Talk: 2015-2016

Postby CBL on Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:59 pm

Diving into the youth of Toronto (AHL team), Here are a few possibilities that could help our current NHL roster:
    Gauthier | C | 6'5 | 220 | shoots left | 20 Years old - 3 points in 7 games in the AHL, could possibly replace the oft-injured Hanzal
    Nylander | C | 5'11 | 174 | shoots right | 19 years old - 6 points in 7 games in the A. A bit undersized (currently), but could contribute
    Kapanen | RW | 5'11 | 180 | shoots right | 19 years old - 2 points in 5 games , but might help us out
    Leivo | RW | 6'2 | 195 | shoots right | 22 year old - 4 points in 6 games, decent size
    Loov | D | 6'3 | 200 | shoots left | 22 years old - 3 points in 7 games, +3 (+15 last season), decent size
    Brennan | D | 6'1 | 213 | shoots left | 27 years old - 5 points in 7 games, +15 lifetime, would be somewhat of a veteran presence (although he's only played 46 NHL games)

Players that could be moved (although I guess the Leafs would need to make room for them): Vitale, Chipchura, Elliott, Stone, Dahlbeck
CBL

Re: Trade Talk: 2015-2016

Postby CBL on Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:02 pm

Okay, anther random idea. Semin is pretty well-entrenched in the doghouse in Montreal. While he is by no means the player he was a few years ago, I wouldn't mind adding him. His contract ends this season and is $1.1 million. If he did decently here, I could see us re-signing him for one-two more year while some of our pups continue to develop. He's only 31, so would probably be fine for another 3-4 seasons (but not on the 1st/2nd line) and with the possibility of moving Doan at the deadline (or his possible retirement after this season), Semin would be a decent fit.

In terms of what we could trade, Chip would be a good exchange; we might even be able to squeeze a late pick out of them as well.

Or, if they would prefer a prospect, I could see us moving Szwarz or Lessio (they do need a LW).

In looking at their roster, they only have 2 players on two-way contracts (and I doubt Condon's going down any time soon--even once Price returns), so Chip would probably be a better acquisition for them (although Lessio and Szwarz are be serviceable 4th/3rd liners).
CBL

Return to Trade/Free Agent Talk & Rumors