Elkund Rumors Thread

This is the place to talk all trade and free agent ideas and rumors.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Re: Elkund Rumors Thread

Postby underachiever on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:45 pm

Robert Earthpig wrote:My God Eklund is an idiot!

Richards tops his list. Where is Dallas in the standings? What did Dallas just do — roll the bones and add a big piece to their charge to the playoffs. And they're gonna trade their best player and only true No. 1 center? Yeah sure, that'd make sense.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/E ... er/1/32776

at this point i think even the short bus kids make fun of him
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

Welcome to Earth, retard summer camp of the universe.

"Chicago fans started to riot, but Mike Smith stopped that too"
underachiever
Prospect
Prospect

Postby Kaibur on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:22 am

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phx110125.html

Alleged links to Moulson and Versteeg.
Kaibur
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby CBL on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:47 am

Either one would be a decent addition to the roster.

Of the two, I think I'd prefer Versteeg (still has one more year on his contract and a few years younger), but not sure who I'd want to send to Toronto in return (Vrbata + a pick :shrugg: ).

I wouldn't mind acquiring both if we could swing it
CBL

Postby Robert Earthpig on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:39 am

Acquiring both would be nice but of the two I'd rather see us land Versteeg. He still has upside. Moulson is at the heart of his pro hockey experience.

I'd be chuffed if we dealt Vrbata and a second rounder to the Leafs for Versteeg. That's almost giving too much, but that lad would bring more oomph to the team and we need some oomph.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby CBL on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:14 pm

Robert Earthpig wrote:Acquiring both would be nice but of the two I'd rather see us land Versteeg. He still has upside. Moulson is at the heart of his pro hockey experience.

I'd be chuffed if we dealt Vrbata and a second rounder to the Leafs for Versteeg. That's almost giving too much, but that lad would bring more oomph to the team and we need some oomph.

I was thinking a 3rd or 4th, of course we could trade a prosect as well.

Here's an idea:
Vrbata and MacLean
for
Versteeg, Jesse Blacker (prospect D), and Marcel Mueller (prosect C/LW)

Toronto gets a 2nd/3rd and 4th/3rd liner nhl-ready players (I also think MacLean would do well on their roster); we get a 2nd liner (with an additional season on his contract), a decent 4th-6th D-man (mainly for the A) with 2 more seasons on his contract, and a C/LW with 1 more season (again for the A or call-ups)

OR

Vrbata, Labarbera, and Stone (or another mid-level prosect)
for
Versteeg and Gustavson

TOR gets a decent scoring winger (and PP guy), an excellent back-up goalie (or as a starter if they trade Giggy) for the remainder of this season (if he does well they could re-sign him as a 2nd goalie for a season or two as Reimer improves), and a strong defensive prosect.

We get a promising (young) 2nd line winger and an okay back-up goalie (re-signing Bryz would have to be a TOP priority--as if it isn't already).
CBL

Postby CBL on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:15 pm

O course neither of these trades help us at center :-?
CBL

Postby jmichael7753 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:24 pm

CBL wrote:O course neither of these trades help us at center :-?

Dont need a center. fiddler will be back in 2-3 weeks. It wouldnt make sence.
jmichael7753
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby CBL on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:29 pm

I wouldn't mind upgrading Belanger... Of course Turris has been playing well so we might be okay for this season.
CBL

Postby gollybass on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:52 pm

vrby has gone back to poopah, I wouldnt mind seeing him being upgraded
gollybass
Second Line Winger
Second Line Winger

Postby jmichael7753 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:18 pm

CBL wrote:I wouldn't mind upgrading Belanger... Of course Turris has been playing well so we might be okay for this season.

Upgrading Belanger would be good, if that center can be as good at faceoffs and he is. On the Moulson topic. Garth Snow said he would try to resign him soon. If that doesnt work out then he could be had. He is making 2.45 m this season and is a UFA at seasons end, and Vrbata is making 3m and is a UFA at seasons end. So maybe vrby +3rd or 4th would work?
jmichael7753
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby HotDog on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:11 am

Personally, I like Vrbata - sure he runs hot 'n' cold and pulls down a chunky cheque, but he usually makes a good play with the puck, is responsible on the back check, and, most importantly for this team, he's a shooter.
HotDog
Prospect
Prospect

Postby BigGumby on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:58 am

Don't think the Islanders will be trading Moulson after signing him to a new 3-year deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/ ... id=6066202
“We didn’t go into the playoffs through the back door. We kicked the door down."

--GM Don Maloney

"Note: Dave Tippett's quotes play a Dave Tippett system."

--Harrison Mooney (Puck Daddy)
BigGumby
Rookie
Rookie

Postby CBL on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:08 pm

BigGumby wrote:Don't think the Islanders will be trading Moulson after signing him to a new 3-year deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/ ... id=6066202

Agreed, which is fine by me since I'd rather keep Vrbata. BTW, I like Vrbata as well and wouldn't mind re-signing him; however, he is a UFA and you can't blame him for testing the market at the end of the season. I'm guessing he'd prefer to be on a more offensive-friendly team, so my guess is that he'll be signed by someone else like the Red Wings (not that I'd like to see him go there, but he would fit in well on the team as a 3rd/4th liner and a PP expert). Hopefully we can get an extension before that time, but I doubt it...
CBL

Postby Robert Earthpig on Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:12 pm

The last time Vrbata bolted the desert his career hit a wall. He OWES it to the dogs to be loyal. He`s been given every chance here and he is what he is - an okay second liner and excellent third liner.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby Matzel on Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:33 am

Robert Earthpig wrote:The last time Vrbata bolted the desert his career hit a wall. He OWES it to the dogs to be loyal. He`s been given every chance here and he is what he is - an okay second liner and excellent third liner.

^What he said.

Vrbata had a very bad experience the last time he went for a big money contract. Personal issues may have contributed and he ended up in Europe for the majority of the season. While he may not *owe* it to the Yotes, he should consider the fact that GMDM brought him back in after a season from hell and he was given an excellent opportunity to reestablish his NHL career.

I can't help but think that other GMs would be a bit more cautious this time around when Vrbata-bing's agent calls.
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Trade/Free Agent Talk & Rumors