Elkund Rumors Thread

This is the place to talk all trade and free agent ideas and rumors.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Re: Elkund Rumors Thread

Postby Robert Earthpig on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:26 pm

This guy is freaking brutal... is there not anyone else who can blog for the Coyotes on Eklund?
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/James-Ta ... /200/58276

Gotta love a writer who purports to be an 'expert' on a team, as he's the lone person writing for Eklund on the dogs, and he can't keep things like Gormley being sent back to the farm straight in his head.
I know it's only Eklund but people click in and read and the dogs need all the good press they can get. The lad seems to love the team but... c'mon, just another weak link in a broken fence.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby Robert Earthpig on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:25 pm

More from the goof - no mention of Doaner's NTC.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/P ... st/1/64668

Like he'd accept a trade to any of those teams, aside from the Penguins that is.
I have to say, I think this organization owes it to Doan to trade him to a major contender for the cup to give him a crack at having his name engraved where a great leader should have his name engraved - the cup du Stanley.
Is that team Pittsburgh?
If they do trade him, it had also better be for a player who would improve an aspect of the team now and in the future.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby CBL on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:28 pm

If any of these were "real"...
Pittsburgh would be the best bet (obviously).

Calgary and the Isles might give him a shot at the cup this season (at least better chances than he has remaining here)

I think he would fit in well with Pittsburgh or Calgary, but am not so sure he'd do well with the Isles.

Toronto is just a bad idea. Still, I guess he would be okay there, but they'd still choke if they make the playoffs this season
CBL

Previous

Return to Trade/Free Agent Talk & Rumors