Latest from the Spector

This is the place to talk all trade and free agent ideas and rumors.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Latest from the Spector

Postby davinchy on Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:34 am

Phoenix Coyotes forward Radim Vrbata has played very well this season, but the team could have concerns about his contract demands (he's a UFA this summer) and that could see him dealt. The Coyotes also want to move Brendan Bell

SPECTOR'S NOTE: The Coyotes won't trade Vrbata, and they'll re-sign him before this summer because after all these years of bouncing around the league he's finally found a team and city where he's a good fit.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=161:the-sunday-nhl-rumor-roundup-february-19-2008&catid=5:trade-rumors&Itemid=9

Jim Gintonio reports Phoenix Coyotes GM Don Maloney has no interest in sacrificing youth for a playoff rental. He says he'd only be interested in a deal that would make long-term sense for his club. Maloney admits he's constantly looking for help for his young team but suggests he could stand pat by the deadline as there's been nothing available to suit his team's needs.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: For the first time in years the Coyotes have a bright future, and Maloney isn't going to tamper with it. If the Coyotes fail to make the playoffs this season it could be the last time for quite a while, as this team has made significant improvement thanks to Ilya Bryzgalov's strong goaltending and the steady improvement of their young players, not to mention the leadership of Shane Doan and Ed Jovanovski.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=5%3Atrade-rumors&id=157%3Anhl-rumor-round-up-for-february-9-2008&Itemid=9
User avatar
davinchy
Enforcer
Enforcer
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:15 am
Location: Right now: Home

Postby Roadrunner on Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:40 pm

Mebbe we could sticky a Spector thread? :shrugg:

I can see a few Spector threads on the first page alone.

Not that there's anything wrong with that... :-P
I'm due for a phone upgrade, and I can tell you what I will NOT get.....eat it Silly-Sack! Boycot the Blackberry!
Roadrunner
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator
 
Posts: 3142
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:17 am
Location: Bizarro World

Postby Stunned on Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:51 am

Done.

My only concern about these 'rumor' threads is that an awful lot of discussion happens back here that folks that don't like to follow 'rumors' miss out on. Which is fine when its in the 'rumor' category. All I ask is that when something gets beyond the 'rumor' stage, to try to make an effort to recognize that and continue the discussion about whatever the issue concerns on the main coyotes corner board (with/perhaps, a link to the rumor thread pointing folks to earlier discussion about it). Often a thread on the main board appears anyway (because now its news rather than a rumor), but if you backroom folks think some of us might like to read the earlier stuff you guys were discussing, bringing it to our attention (the earlier discussion) is a good thing imo. Heck, it may win more 'rumor' converts.
User avatar
Stunned
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 4743
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:13 am
Location: With my therapist, discussing my level of fanaticism

Postby davinchy on Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:29 am

Spector's latest

OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports the following:

- Senators GM Bryan Murray continues to work the phones, looking for a scoring winger to play with Mike Fisher and Cory Stillman on the Sens second line, and if possible he'd like to add a blueliner to man the point on power players. Forwards that might interest Murray include Atlanta's Marian Hossa (whom the Montreal Canadiens are believed close to acquiring), Edmonton's Jarret Stoll, Pittsburgh's Ryan Malone, Tampa's Vaclav Prospal and Phoenix's Radim Vrbata, while defencemen could include Buffalo's Brian Campbell (whom Garrioch claims the Sabres may be preparing to move), Tampa's Dan Boyle and St. Louis's Barrett Jackman or Bryce Salvador.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: It won't be easy for Murray to fill those needs, but he did swing that deal earlier in the week with Carolina so one shouldn't rule out the possibility of addressing at least one of them. I'm not convinced the Canadiens will acquire Hossa, nor do I believe Malone or Vrbata are available. Stoll and Prospal are the more likely to be available out of that list. It remains to be seen if Campbell and Boyle are available, but either Jackman or Salvador could be, although they might not address that need for a PP point man.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=184:nhl-rumor-roundup-for-february-14-2008&catid=5:trade-rumors&Itemid=9
User avatar
davinchy
Enforcer
Enforcer
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:15 am
Location: Right now: Home

Postby davinchy on Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:43 pm

ARIZONA REPUBLIC: Jim Gintonio reports the Phoenix Coyotes have six picks in the first three rounds of the draft, which rival teams would love to get their hands on, but GM Don Maloney doesn't sound keen to part with them, saying he treats picks in the first three rounds "like gold chips". Maloney knows there are several players on his roster that rival clubs are interested in but there are some who are untouchables. Maloney also isn't interested in pursuing any of the big names rumored to be available.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: I don't believe Maloney will make any significant trades unless it's to add, and even then don't expect him to part with valuable assets to do it. He might "tweak" but he won't overhaul or sell, and I definitely don't see him moving Radim Vrbata, who's become the subject of trade rumors. The Coyotes are finally on the right path so there's no reason for them to mess things up by getting "trade crazy".

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=252:nhl-trade-rumor-roundup-for-february-24-2008&catid=5:trade-rumors&Itemid=9

- The Thrashers are trying to move Alexei Zhitnik while the Coyotes are hoping to trade Brendan Bell.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Good luck finding takers for them. Their market value ain't the best right now.


- It's doubt Ed Jovanovski will waive his NTC but it's rumored the NY Rangers contacted the Coyotes to inquire about him...The Coyotes are also believed shopping Radim Vrbata, who's apparently seeking $4 million per season.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Jovanovski and his family are happily settled in the Phoenix area, and he's been a crucial part of the Coyotes improvement this season. He won't be traded.Neither will Vrbata, regardless of his real or rumored salary demands. The 'Yotes will try to re-sign him.
"Well, I woke up Sunday morning, with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt...and the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad...so I had one more for dessert."

Sunday Morning Coming Down - Kris Kristofferson
User avatar
davinchy
Enforcer
Enforcer
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:15 am
Location: Right now: Home

Postby Stunned on Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:57 pm

davinchy wrote:ARIZONA REPUBLIC: Jim Gintonio reports the Phoenix Coyotes have six picks in the first three rounds of the draft, which rival teams would love to get their hands on, but GM Don Maloney doesn't sound keen to part with them, saying he treats picks in the first three rounds "like gold chips". Maloney knows there are several players on his roster that rival clubs are interested in but there are some who are untouchables. Maloney also isn't interested in pursuing any of the big names rumored to be available.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: I don't believe Maloney will make any significant trades unless it's to add, and even then don't expect him to part with valuable assets to do it. He might "tweak" but he won't overhaul or sell, and I definitely don't see him moving Radim Vrbata, who's become the subject of trade rumors. The Coyotes are finally on the right path so there's no reason for them to mess things up by getting "trade crazy".

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=252:nhl-trade-rumor-roundup-for-february-24-2008&catid=5:trade-rumors&Itemid=9

- The Thrashers are trying to move Alexei Zhitnik while the Coyotes are hoping to trade Brendan Bell.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Good luck finding takers for them. Their market value ain't the best right now.


- It's doubt Ed Jovanovski will waive his NTC but it's rumored the NY Rangers contacted the Coyotes to inquire about him...The Coyotes are also believed shopping Radim Vrbata, who's apparently seeking $4 million per season.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Jovanovski and his family are happily settled in the Phoenix area, and he's been a crucial part of the Coyotes improvement this season. He won't be traded.Neither will Vrbata, regardless of his real or rumored salary demands. The 'Yotes will try to re-sign him.


If I'm DM, then I'm trying to sign Vrbata like crazy like now. But not to 4 mil numbers. More like 2-3. And if it's near three, then for no more than 2 years. And, if Vrbata isn't playing ball, then I deal him.
User avatar
Stunned
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 4743
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:13 am
Location: With my therapist, discussing my level of fanaticism

Postby WestgateCoyote on Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Stunned wrote:If I'm DM, then I'm trying to sign Vrbata like crazy like now. But not to 4 mil numbers. More like 2-3. And if it's near three, then for no more than 2 years. And, if Vrbata isn't playing ball, then I deal him.


We´ll probably find out by Tuesday how contract talks are going with Vrbata.
WestgateCoyote
Second Line Winger
Second Line Winger
 
Posts: 3652
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:59 am
Location: Glendale

Postby white_tiger on Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:25 am

Stunned wrote:
davinchy wrote:ARIZONA REPUBLIC: Jim Gintonio reports the Phoenix Coyotes have six picks in the first three rounds of the draft, which rival teams would love to get their hands on, but GM Don Maloney doesn't sound keen to part with them, saying he treats picks in the first three rounds "like gold chips". Maloney knows there are several players on his roster that rival clubs are interested in but there are some who are untouchables. Maloney also isn't interested in pursuing any of the big names rumored to be available.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: I don't believe Maloney will make any significant trades unless it's to add, and even then don't expect him to part with valuable assets to do it. He might "tweak" but he won't overhaul or sell, and I definitely don't see him moving Radim Vrbata, who's become the subject of trade rumors. The Coyotes are finally on the right path so there's no reason for them to mess things up by getting "trade crazy".

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=252:nhl-trade-rumor-roundup-for-february-24-2008&catid=5:trade-rumors&Itemid=9

- The Thrashers are trying to move Alexei Zhitnik while the Coyotes are hoping to trade Brendan Bell.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Good luck finding takers for them. Their market value ain't the best right now.


- It's doubt Ed Jovanovski will waive his NTC but it's rumored the NY Rangers contacted the Coyotes to inquire about him...The Coyotes are also believed shopping Radim Vrbata, who's apparently seeking $4 million per season.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Jovanovski and his family are happily settled in the Phoenix area, and he's been a crucial part of the Coyotes improvement this season. He won't be traded.Neither will Vrbata, regardless of his real or rumored salary demands. The 'Yotes will try to re-sign him.


If I'm DM, then I'm trying to sign Vrbata like crazy like now. But not to 4 mil numbers. More like 2-3. And if it's near three, then for no more than 2 years. And, if Vrbata isn't playing ball, then I deal him.


All depends.. I can see DM giving him a 3 year 10 mil deal. # years gives us a guy that seems to fit well here but still has him UFA again by the time we need to re-sign Bryz,Peter and Hanzel. SO we will still have lee way there. Plus Z and Ballys contracts are all up about the same time right? 2-3 years?
5th Year Season Ticket Holder
Sec 209 Row O 3
User avatar
white_tiger
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator
 
Posts: 2726
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:21 pm

Postby davinchy on Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:19 am

ARIZONA REPUBLIC: Jim Gintonio reports Phoenix Coyotes GM Don Maloney is unwilling to sacrific his club's future for a playoff rental player. Coyotes forward Radim Vrbata has been mentioned in trade rumors but talks between the Coyotes and Vrbata on a contract extension are ongoing.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=5%3Atrade-rumors&id=270%3Asome-nhl-teams-expecting-little-or-no-movement&Itemid=9
"Well, I woke up Sunday morning, with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt...and the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad...so I had one more for dessert."

Sunday Morning Coming Down - Kris Kristofferson
User avatar
davinchy
Enforcer
Enforcer
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:15 am
Location: Right now: Home

Postby davinchy on Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:17 am

ARIZONA REPUBLIC: Jim Gintonio recently reported the Phoenix Coyotes are negotiating with forward Radim Vrbata, who's a UFA this summer, but the future of their other UFAs remains unclear for now. Mathias Tjarnqvist and Niko Kapanen hope to return next season. Other Coyotes UFAs include Mike York and Craig Weller.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Except for Vrbata, who'll likely seek to double or triple his $1.25 million salary for this season, the rest would be affordable re-signings if there's a place for them on the team next season.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=293:monday-nhl-rumor-roundup-march-3-2008&catid=5:trade-rumors&Itemid=9
"Well, I woke up Sunday morning, with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt...and the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad...so I had one more for dessert."

Sunday Morning Coming Down - Kris Kristofferson
User avatar
davinchy
Enforcer
Enforcer
 
Posts: 1332
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:15 am
Location: Right now: Home

Postby omnimutant on Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:15 pm

Mathias Tjarnqvist Niko Kapanen and Mike York are gone IMO. We need the room. Too many kids coming on next year. I bet Rhino gets traded for Picks in the off season to make even more room.

How long has Weller been in our system that he's up for renewal? :shock:

I could see Vrbata netting a 10 mill 3 year possibly, but hopefully not more then that.
Last edited by omnimutant on Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
omnimutant
Enforcer
Enforcer
 
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:15 am

Postby white_tiger on Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:16 pm

omnimutant wrote:Mathias Tjarnqvist Niko Kapanen and Mike York are gone IMO. We need the room. Too many kids coming on next year. I bet Rhino gets traded for Picks in the off season to make even more room.

How long has Weller been in our system that he's up for renewal? :shock:


Weller like WInnik was a 1 year signing over the summer
5th Year Season Ticket Holder
Sec 209 Row O 3
User avatar
white_tiger
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator
 
Posts: 2726
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:21 pm

Postby Ghosthoffa on Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:16 pm

omnimutant wrote:Mathias Tjarnqvist Niko Kapanen and Mike York are gone IMO. We need the room. Too many kids coming on next year. I bet Rhino gets traded for Picks in the off season to make even more room.

How long has Weller been in our system that he's up for renewal? :shock:


I bet TQ and Niko stick around. York gone and Weller might stick around.
Q: How do you get Democrats to pay taxes? A: Appoint them to Cabinet positions.

Mitt Romney in 2012

Follow Me On Twitter!
User avatar
Ghosthoffa
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain
 
Posts: 7858
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Marley Park Surprise AZ

Postby omnimutant on Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:18 pm

I see. Hopefully we Keep Winnik and Weller, they've got huge potential to unleash still.
Image
User avatar
omnimutant
Enforcer
Enforcer
 
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:15 am

Postby Roadrunner on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:56 am

With Carcillo injuring and misconducting his way in and out of the lineup, Weller is one of our tougher forwards, now that Josh got traded. We could always bring back good ole Nazarov. :-P
I'm due for a phone upgrade, and I can tell you what I will NOT get.....eat it Silly-Sack! Boycot the Blackberry!
Roadrunner
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator
 
Posts: 3142
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:17 am
Location: Bizarro World

Next

Return to Trade/Free Agent Talk & Rumors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest