Zherdev

This is the place to talk all trade and free agent ideas and rumors.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Re: Zherdev

Postby CBL on Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:54 pm

I somewhat feel the same way, but I also realize that if we don't improve offensively, we'll be out of the playoffs quickly. Again, I don't see him ere long-term, just as a "rental" to give us a bit of offensive help on the PP

In looking at our roster, we have room for one more winger. Zherdev would be a nice upgrade over Biz (for the playoffs). Sure Biz has done okay defensively, but I doubt there will be too many fights in the playoffs. We could plop Zherdev on the 4th and use him for power plays. Of course we could try him on a few other lines to see if he clicks with any others (an Upshall - Belanger - Zherdev line might be interesting as would a Whitney - Hanzal - Zherdev line).
CBL

Postby Robert Earthpig on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Zherdev strikes me as the kind of guy who would pout if he got fourth line minutes. And would he fit in with Tippett's defence first system? I don't think he would. I think he'd mess up chemistry, too.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby Matzel on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:44 pm

Zherdev on the 4th line? Image

Zherdev is the prototypical, one-dimensional, offensively gifted player lacking defensive smarts and the willingness to work hard on the defensive side of the puck.

He will NEVER be a success on a 4th line on any team.

Book it.

He could, however, be an intriguing addition to an offense that may have to be ratcheted up for the stretch run and the playoffs. As a rental. For the right price. I guess. :wink:
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Roadrunner on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:53 pm

Is he still in the NHL?
I'm due for a phone upgrade, and I can tell you what I will NOT get.....eat it Silly-Sack! Boycot the Blackberry!
Roadrunner
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator

Postby BigGumby on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:45 pm

He was with Philly and cleared waivers last week.
“We didn’t go into the playoffs through the back door. We kicked the door down."

--GM Don Maloney

"Note: Dave Tippett's quotes play a Dave Tippett system."

--Harrison Mooney (Puck Daddy)
BigGumby
Rookie
Rookie

Previous

Return to Trade/Free Agent Talk & Rumors