Jeff Carter - The Coyotes need to think about this one

This is the place to talk all trade and free agent ideas and rumors.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Jeff Carter - The Coyotes need to think about this one

Postby chutepeiffer on Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:57 am

Jeff Carter: 25 years old, 33 goals 28 assists for 61 points last year in 74 games, 50% faceoff percentage.

We need a young #1 center to take our young player into the future. We have been trying to fill that need over the last few years and doing a decent job. To get a young centerman that is 6'3" 200 lbs that can win draws and has score over 30 goals (33 & 46 in last two seasons.... that is an anchor for the future.

I say strike now with guns blazing. Philly needs a goalie and Nabokov/Turco (if he changes his mind after Philly added to D) are still there. The names out there are Gange and Carter... Let's do this...

-for-

Coyotes offer a lot:
Tikhonov, Ross, and 2011 2rd round pick

I know Tikhonov is going to be a great grinder that chips in some goals... as well as be an anchor on the PK. He player pretty well against men in the KHL and AHL. Nick Ross has been some what of a disappointment as a 1st round pick (30th). Young defensemen drafted high can get something. I am thinking a 2nd rounder next year. It sounds like a lot but we get a lot more in exchange.

If Philly doesn't like Tikhonov I may offer a Boedker (breaks my heart) and up the pick to 3rd or 4th.

We need start hounding Philly now....
chutepeiffer
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Re: Jeff Carter - The Coyotes need to think about this one

Postby Kaibur on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 am

It'll take a lot more than that to pull Carter...
Kaibur
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby chutepeiffer on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:21 am

Ok agreed....
So what do you think it would take in your mind. Then let's look at how the team would look post trade. Will Turris ever get 33 and 49 goals? What is Turris 21? We give up 4 years in age. Would we ever get that production out of him or would he be traded or released before he gets to his prime? We need a #1 center and the Coyotes could draft centers in every round for the next few years and maybe not get a player of Carter's caliber.
chutepeiffer
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby AzSonicSnake on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:09 am

i love the sound of that, but if we don't have the coin to sign lombardi, something tells me that carter is in a different solar system...
Proud Season Ticket Holder Section 204
AzSonicSnake
Rookie
Rookie

Postby GMBBrian on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:10 am

If you have some of his (Turris) goals in San Antonio, yes Turris can score that many goals.
GMBBrian
Prospect
Prospect

Postby pajaarvi on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:42 am

Lol. Tiker and ross for carter? NO WAY! Philly would never be stupid enough to take that trade.
pajaarvi
Prospect
Prospect

Postby chutepeiffer on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:33 pm

Ok.... so let's continue talking about it....

Turris is $2,696,000 & 2nd round pick next year

for

Jeff Carter is 5,750,000 - giving Philly 3,054,000 freed up.

They need to do something now because they are 59,000 over the cap with Michael Leighton as their starting goalie...
chutepeiffer
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby jmichael7753 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:50 pm

chutepeiffer wrote:Ok.... so let's continue talking about it....

for

They need to do something now because they are 59,000 over the cap with Michael Leighton as their starting goalie...

I would throw in a first as well, however the Flyers are not going to move Carter at this time. They are going to move Gagne according to various reports.
jmichael7753
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby Kaibur on Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:57 pm

for

There's a distance between Turris' cap hit and his actual salary. This team is not worried about the cap hit, because we'll just be over the cap floor. Carter is actually making that much. So we're actually talking about $4 million or so in real dollars. That's a huge difference to the budget. We're still a penny pinching team that is waiting on new ownership. Until that happens, a trade of this calibre is pretty unlikely. Look for us to pick up a center from the bottom of the barrel - Comrie, Belanger, etc - or give Turris the 2nd line role and take on a winger, like Stempniak.

But if we're playing, "What's the value of Jeff Carter?" Shoot, I don't know - Turris, Philly's 2nd in 2011, Jonas Ahnelov and the 22nd overall in 2010 (oh, right, that one got wadded up and thrown into the Salt River!)
Kaibur
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby GMBBrian on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:56 pm

We already gave up on Mueller.(or he gave up on us) I really don't want Turris to be traded away before he has even had a chance, minus the time he played for Gretzky.
GMBBrian
Prospect
Prospect

Postby Kaibur on Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:00 pm

pajaarvi wrote:Lol. Tiker and ross for carter? NO WAY! Philly would never be stupid enough to take that trade.

I don't know, Homgren's made some stupid moves. Of course the Carcillo one is my favorite. On the other hand, they went to the Cup finals this year and we've been out of the 1st round once.

jmichael7753 wrote:

for

I would throw in a first as well, however the Flyers are not going to move Carter at this time. They are going to move Gagne according to various reports.

OK, so what do you think the value of Gagne is? With his history, it's a little hard to gauge but I'll take a stab at it. Tikhonov and return their 2nd next year. We'd still need to skim a fair bit of salary...
Kaibur
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby MyNameIs19 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:02 pm

Kaibur wrote:

for

There's a distance between Turris' cap hit and his actual salary. This team is not worried about the cap hit, because we'll just be over the cap floor. Carter is actually making that much. So we're actually talking about $4 million or so in real dollars. That's a huge difference to the budget. We're still a penny pinching team that is waiting on new ownership. Until that happens, a trade of this calibre is pretty unlikely. Look for us to pick up a center from the bottom of the barrel - Comrie, Belanger, etc - or give Turris the 2nd line role and take on a winger, like Stempniak.

But if we're playing, "What's the value of Jeff Carter?" Shoot, I don't know - Turris, Philly's 2nd in 2011, Jonas Ahnelov and the 22nd overall in 2010 (oh, right, that one got wadded up and thrown into the Salt River!)

:lol:
MyNameIs19
Prospect
Prospect

Postby chutepeiffer on Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:39 pm

I think we need to look at the fact that Doaner has 2 or 3 good years left in him and we need to do what we can. So ever with Turris for Cater we gain $4,000,000 toward the cap. We have a 24 year old center who will produce more than Turris ever will (at least not in the doan era). Look at these lines!!!!

Doan - Carter - Wolski
Vrbata - Hanzel - Prucha
Whitney - O'Sullivan - Pyatt
Upshall - Fiddler - Korppikoski

For the rough nights: Bissonnette
chutepeiffer
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby gollybass on Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:24 pm

lets be fair, who knows what Turris will do
gollybass
Second Line Winger
Second Line Winger

Postby pajaarvi on Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:31 am

gollybass wrote:lets be fair, who knows what Turris will do

Turris could turn out to be a bobby ryan type situation.. Sucked at first, went to the minors for a few seasons, came back and tore it up (and still is)
pajaarvi
Prospect
Prospect

Next

Return to Trade/Free Agent Talk & Rumors