Miele surpassing all expectations

Here's the place to sound off about the Portland Pirates of the AHL, the Gwinnett Gladiators of the ECHL or anything related to minor league hockey.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Postby wildcat48 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:29 pm

By Chris Roy Published: 1st October 2012

PORTLAND, ME – Despite an NHL lockout, forward Andy Miele understands that there’s an incredible opportunity awaiting for him within his grasp.

Link>>>>
wildcat48
Prospect
Prospect

Re: Miele surpassing all expectations

Postby Matzel on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:14 pm

Miele spent the summer with a personal trainer and feels that he’s coming into camp in perhaps the best shape ever. That’s not lost Coyotes’ management.

“It’s been my second summer training with Mike Hackett,” said Miele. “We’ve got a really relationship so I’m coming (into camp) in really good shape. I feel really good on the ice.”

“Andy is really determined kid to begin with,” said Edwards, “and he had a really good summer. You’ll never question his work ethic, his heart or his will. He’s doing everything that he needs to do to prepare himself.”

That's what I was hoping to read. :thumbsup:
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby swede on Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:47 am

He has apparently been offered to play for HV 71 of the SHL (Swedish Hockey League).

"He´s skilled and interesting W´ell see what happens, but first and foremost he´d like to wait for a NHL contract". Club "GM" Fredrik Stillman.

Seems a bit premature to give up his dream to play in the NHL if you ask me. Especially since he´s only played for 1 organisation. But then again, smaller players of his caliber usually thrive in Europe. So if he doesn't get his breakthrough soon, he might try his luck across the pond.
"winning isn´t everything, it´s the only thing"
swede
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby Robert Earthpig on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:21 pm

Yup - could see Miele head overseas.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby penfold314 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:17 pm

Robert Earthpig wrote:Yup - could see Miele head overseas.

the GMDM interview says they have agreed to terms with Miele.
penfold314
Prospect
Prospect

Postby cin on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:46 am

yes, one year deal....

Think there might be a chance for him this year to make the team. So, it looks like he is not going to sweden, good - because he was going to the wrong team.
cin
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby CBL on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:53 am

If anything, he'll definitely get his shot (depending on who else we sign). My main concern is who he'd play with. Currently, he would be between Chip and Biz (I believe), which may not be the best place for him (to score, that is). In looking at the lines, it might be interesting to see a Miele-Hanzal-Moss line or even a Korpi-Miele-Moss line. Perhaps even a Miele-Ribeiro-Boedker PP line might be worth a try (if they don't get pushed around too much).
CBL

Return to Minor League Hockey Sound Off