Pirates v Phantoms

Here's the place to sound off about the Portland Pirates of the AHL, the Gwinnett Gladiators of the ECHL or anything related to minor league hockey.

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Pirates v Phantoms

Postby DerbyCoyote on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:53 am

Line brawl in the 3rd on Sunday night, looks like Connor gets a bit of a pasting in amongst it all:

DerbyCoyote
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Pirates v Phantoms

Postby CBL on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:24 am

Pathetic, but that's how the phantoms usually are, I believe.

Don't get me wrong, a good fight once in a while (or even a bench clearing one) is fine, but the refs should have separated some of the fights (like the one where 2 Phantoms had a Pirate on the ground and the ref right next to them was staring somewhere off into the distance.

Of course Domingue interfering in Murphy's fight was not the brightest of moves (preventing him from getting the Shutout according to the announcers). Still, I commend him since Murphy obviously didn't want to continue that fight, but there were other Pirates around that could have stepped in.

Worst comment by announcers "too bad the teams won't meet again this season" (I'm guessing it was a Phantoms feed) :palm: No, it is good that they won't meet again this season (I'm not a fan of "gooning" it up as much as the Phantoms do).
CBL

Postby DerbyCoyote on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:24 am

Probably the best way to get a call up to the parent club ;)

I like a bit of fighting, won't pretend otherwise, but I don't like to see one of our better prospects slugging it out when it's clearly not a role he wants to be in, don't want broken hands (or worse) when we need him for the run in. He seemed to be hurt by the last shot too.

No penalties to either player for that, oddly enough.
DerbyCoyote
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Robert Earthpig on Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:19 pm

Good to see Kleska is playing with some snarl - and Domingue is a gamer, too! But what a disgusting spectacle on behalf of Adirondack; really sad childishness.
Long Live The Jets
Robert Earthpig
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Return to Minor League Hockey Sound Off