need a litle info. Coming from out of town

Have tickets you'd like to buy, sell or trade? Post your ads here! Must sell at Face Value or below!

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

need a litle info. Coming from out of town

Postby hillcat on Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:25 am

Greetings. I'm planning to bring my son to the Coyotes- Oilers game on March 26. We're flying in from Tulsa, Ok. for the game and I need a little info.
1. Tickets- Is it safe to wait until I get there to by them or would I be better to get them in advance. I don't want to get there on gamenight and find out it's sold out. But paying the "conveniece" fee to buy them online is a rip-off I'd rather avoid.
2. Any idea where the visiting teams stay? This is going to be for my son's 5th birthday and I think it would be great if he had a chance to meet some of the players.
3. Practices- Are they ever open to the public? Including game day skates?
ANything else you think I might need to know would be great.
I'll be up front and say my son and I are both Oilers fans, but Edmonton is a lot farhter to go than Phoenix. I'd really appreciate any info to make this trip special. Thanks. Michael.
hillcat
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Re: need a litle info. Coming from out of town

Postby Stunned on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:20 am

hillcat wrote:Greetings. I'm planning to bring my son to the Coyotes- Oilers game on March 26. We're flying in from Tulsa, Ok. for the game and I need a little info.
1. Tickets- Is it safe to wait until I get there to by them or would I be better to get them in advance. I don't want to get there on gamenight and find out it's sold out. But paying the "conveniece" fee to buy them online is a rip-off I'd rather avoid.
2. Any idea where the visiting teams stay? This is going to be for my son's 5th birthday and I think it would be great if he had a chance to meet some of the players.
3. Practices- Are they ever open to the public? Including game day skates?
ANything else you think I might need to know would be great.
I'll be up front and say my son and I are both Oilers fans, but Edmonton is a lot farhter to go than Phoenix. I'd really appreciate any info to make this trip special. Thanks. Michael.

I think we figured you were Oiler fans after the second item :lol: ;) No worries...

I've never attended the skates or practices and I've never sought out meeting the opposing team, so I'll leave those to others to chime in on.

Answering the first question, of course, is risky. I've bought scalped tickets prior to games in the parking lot many, many times over the past 3-4 years. It's rarely been any real issue. But there are some games where its a struggle. And once, we just left. It's very hard to predict in advance what the situation will be in late March if the Coyotes are on a real play-off push.

I hate the ridiculous 'convenience' fees as much as anybody. Trust me I do. But for a special occasion I'd be inclined to be safe rather than sorry. Of course you can try stubhub.com and/or craigslist to see if you can strike a better deal. I haven't purchased tickets from either so I'm not sure if they're better or worse, but its probably worth checking out.

Good luck. And I hope you and your son have a great time (watching the Oilers lose a close one to the Coyotes--of course :P ).
Stunned
Administrator
Administrator

Location: With my therapist, discussing my level of fanaticism

Postby hillcat on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:43 am

Thanks Stunned. I'll look at having the tickets in hand before I go. With both teams lurking in the playoff shadows, especially that close to the end of season, it could be an issue. I may check here occasionally too and see if anyone post tickets for sale.
Will wait to see if anyone post about the other stuff.
BTW, our local CHL team in Tulsa is also the Oilers, this way all I have to remember is GO OILERS! LOL :lol:
hillcat
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby gollybass on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:27 pm

most opposition teams stay at the rennaissance
gollybass
Second Line Winger
Second Line Winger

Postby pxpyote on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:44 am

Stubhub is a good option... They have fees too, but sometimes you can find tickets under face value. They back the tickets they sell and I've never had a problem with them...

Have a nice time out here!
pxpyote
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby white_tiger on Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:41 am

gollybass wrote:most opposition teams stay at the rennaissance

DO they now? Last year after it opened it was only about 40% stayed there.. The rest were still doing the Wigwam
5th Year Season Ticket Holder
Sec 209 Row O 3
white_tiger
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator

Postby hillcat on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:25 am

Thanks to everyone who replied. I really appreciate the info. I'm hoping to make this a really special birthday for my son. Hope to see you all in March. Michael.
hillcat
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby Stunned on Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:27 am

hillcat wrote:Thanks to everyone who replied. I really appreciate the info. I'm hoping to make this a really special birthday for my son. Hope to see you all in March. Michael.

Sounds good Michael. Your sons a lucky boy for having such a cool father! Kids are great. I hope you guys have a great time...
Stunned
Administrator
Administrator

Location: With my therapist, discussing my level of fanaticism

Return to Fan Ticket Exchange