2013 Y! H2H Keeper League

Have anything non-hockey related to say? Post it here!

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

2013 Y! H2H Keeper League

Postby Matzel on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:38 am

Hello Fellow Fantasy GMs!

Welcome back to another season of H2H fun. All managers from last season have been sent invitations. Should a team be available I will be announcing it in this thread and award it to an interested newcomer.

The live online draft is set for Saturday, September 28th at 3:00pm EDT. All managers should make every attempt to take part as the draft is crucial to success in what is a very competitive league.

Scoring settings are identical to last season but I invite all to make suggestions for possible changes on the league messageboards. Simple majority rules on all changes.

If you have already signed on, you may have noticed that Y! has changed the keeper set up for leagues. I am very happy to see that, as we had a serious keeper problem last season with a few managers not receiving (all their previously selected keeper) picks. The deadline for keeper selection is the 27th, one day before the live online draft.

I am looking forward to the puck drop!

Matzel (j4e)
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2013 Y! H2H Keeper League

Postby MalasPalabras on Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:47 am

I can't tell you how much I look forward to getting this email every year. It's like my alarm clock from hockey hibernation.

Terrible timing for the draft day. I'm actually driving back home to Arizona for a visit and more specifically, opening night in Glendale.

If I could arrange it, would you guys mind if I had a buddy draft my team instead of just rolling the dice with autodraft?
Listen...do you smell something?
MalasPalabras
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Matzel on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:03 pm

Shaun, I know exactly how you feel. Toward the end of the summer, I find myself constantly checking the Y! fantasy pages to set up this league. I can honestly say that it adds a lot more excitement to my winter.

Feel free to enlist the help of a buddy to draft. You probably have seen the option to set a co-manager in the team settings page.

Good luck!

Matzel (j4e)
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Stunned on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:36 am

MalasPalabras wrote:If I could arrange it, would you guys mind if I had a buddy draft my team instead of just rolling the dice with autodraft?

A complete non-issue for me. Having auto-picked twice out of four years, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. With that said, I hope your friend oversleeps and you autodraft anyway ;)
Stunned
Administrator
Administrator

Location: With my therapist, discussing my level of fanaticism

Postby Matzel on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:24 pm

With 10 days to go until the live online draft, we have 15 teams. I have just resent the invites to the managers not yet back, but we may have a team up for grabs for someone interested in joining our little league...

j4e
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby yotesreign on Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:48 pm

Matzel wrote:With 10 days to go until the live online draft, we have 15 teams. I have just resent the invites to the managers not yet back, but we may have a team up for grabs for someone interested in joining our little league...

j4e

I am not yet in a fantasy hockey league this season and I'd like to be in one, figure it would be more fun to be in one with people from some forum than a yahoo total stranger league. If this one is a free one I'm interested in joining (I need to save my fantasy nickels for parking at Coyotes games). I'm in one $$ football pickem league and that's busted my budget (although if I can win 1 week I'll get my investment back, and I almost did last week (tied for wins with 14 but lost the tiebreaker on points in the SF/Seattle game! *duh*) - but I can't count on winning that league theres like 30 people in it and for all I know tying for the lead in week 2 is as close as I'll get there...

My only snag is I have ASU season football tickets and iirc the ASU versus USC game is on the 28th (game time is currently TBA but unless TV dictates an afternoon kickoff ASU games are usually 7 or 7:30 PM) but if I had to miss the draft if the league allows for pre-ranking and I know a few days in advance I can do my diligence prior to the draft.
yotesreign
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Matzel on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:02 am

yotesreign wrote:I am not yet in a fantasy hockey league this season and I'd like to be in one, figure it would be more fun to be in one with people from some forum than a yahoo total stranger league.

Sent you an invite with a link to join.

Welcome to the cc.net H2H keeper league. Glad to have you. Just keep in mind that we don't go easy on noobs. :beerchug:
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Matzel on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:03 am

I might have one more team available...

Scott?! (white_tiger) Are you in this year? :shrugg:
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby CBL on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:41 am

Matzel wrote:Welcome to the cc.net H2H keeper league. Glad to have you. Just keep in mind that we don't go easy on noobs. :beerchug:

Yeah, we're a totally cut-throat league :chainsaw:

just kidding... welcome to the league
CBL

Postby yotesreign on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Matzel wrote:
yotesreign wrote:I am not yet in a fantasy hockey league this season and I'd like to be in one, figure it would be more fun to be in one with people from some forum than a yahoo total stranger league.

Sent you an invite with a link to join.

Welcome to the cc.net H2H keeper league. Glad to have you. Just keep in mind that we don't go easy on noobs. :beerchug:

LOL... I got thick skin. It compliments my thick skull. At least I didn't get last season's champs! I'll just try to capture the spirit of Leo Durocher taking over the '66 Cubs and say "We're not a 6th Place team!" and try not to remember his first year the Cubs finished last. ;)

(I grew up a White Sox fan (back when baseball mattered to me in the 60s and 70s), but couldn't help notice Durocher as so many Cubs games were on the TV when I'd get home from school back in those days.)
yotesreign
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Stunned on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:47 am

Welcome to the league yotesreign! And autodraft is absolutely fantastic. I'd trust it with my first born. In fact it's BETTER than live if you can believe that. It's remarkable how many times people have posted comments about the quality of autodraft after first seeing their autodraft results. Definitely go for it whether you have a conflict or not! :P
Stunned
Administrator
Administrator

Location: With my therapist, discussing my level of fanaticism

Postby yotesreign on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:54 pm

Stunned wrote:Welcome to the league yotesreign! And autodraft is absolutely fantastic. I'd trust it with my first born. In fact it's BETTER than live if you can believe that. It's remarkable how many times people have posted comments about the quality of autodraft after first seeing their autodraft results. Definitely go for it whether you have a conflict or not! :P

Hey that's not what your co-manager said! :P

My only experience with auto-draft is a past NFL league and no I wasn't quite as enthused as you. I might have also used a word to describe it that started with an "f" but iirc, the word wasn't 'fantastic'.

I should be able to participate in the draft since the ASU v USC game doesn't start until 7:30 PM and I won't probably leave for that until 5 PM.
yotesreign
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Matzel on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:39 am

Off we go - 18 team league will make the player pool deeper for this season.

Draft is later today... :cool:
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Matzel on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:40 pm

Here's my team:

Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby HotDog on Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:35 pm

Any update on the league this year Matz?
HotDog
Prospect
Prospect

Next

Return to The Water Cooler