Westgate Dining Guide

Have anything non-hockey related to say? Post it here!

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Westgate Dining Guide

Postby Ghosthoffa on Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:09 am

Well I thought since Westgate is such a big part of the Coyotes pre and post game experience I would start a thread so we can talk about the food in and around the development.

The misses and I tried two new locals of the last week. The first was Which Wich, a fantastic sandwich shop with over 80 combinations from a Monte Cristo for adventurous adults to peanut butter and jelly for the kids. I had a club and the wife had a pork tenderloin sandwich. $5 for the hot toasted sub fantastic food and for the price especially good.

Then for a post Valentines day dinner we hit up Kabuki the resident Japanese restaurant and Sushi bar top floor across from Margaritaville. The shrimp tempura roll and the Tankatsu were amazing and a good price to.

High marks for both atmosphere and service.
Last edited by Ghosthoffa on Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Q: How do you get Democrats to pay taxes? A: Appoint them to Cabinet positions.

Mitt Romney in 2012

Follow Me On Twitter!
Ghosthoffa
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby CoyoteQ on Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:15 am

Nice Ghost, try them all and pick the place for a bunch of us to meet on Saturday March 15th before the Oilers game.

An official cc.net gathering. I will be there!

Suzi
En ole saanut seksiä tarpeeksi ....
on se niin väärin....
CoyoteQ
Enforcer
Enforcer

Re: Westgate Dining Guide

Postby Matzel on Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:42 am

Ghosthoffa wrote:Well I thought since Westgate is such a big part of the Coyotes pre and post game experience I would start a thread that perhaps could be stickied so we can talk about the food in and around the development.

Done.
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator

Postby WestgateCoyote on Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:58 am

Good idea, Ghost.

Here´s my report about Margaritaville and Yardhouse.

Margaritaville:

Have been there already several times and always enjoyed it. Last time I ate the Filet Mignon ($ 25) and it was pretty good, although a little bit expensive. So far I´ve always liked it there.

Yardhouse:

Last time I ate Penne with roasted chicken for $15, while I´ve always liked it at Yardhouse as well, I didn´t like it that much this time. I got a chocalate souffle cake as dessert and I really liked it. Well, I like all sweets so it´s not that tough.

Interesting for beer drinkers: You won´t find a larger selection of different beers anywhere at Westgate. I´ve already talked to the manager and complained why there´s no Austrian beer on the list.
WestgateCoyote
Second Line Winger
Second Line Winger

Postby CoyoteQ on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:17 am

WestgateCoyote wrote:Good idea, Ghost.

Yardhouse:

Last time I ate Penne with roasted chicken for $15, while I´ve always liked it at Yardhouse as well, I didn´t like it that much this time. I got a chocalate souffle cake as dessert and I really liked it. Well, I like all sweets so it´s not that tough.

Interesting for beer drinkers: You won´t find a larger selection of different beers anywhere at Westgate. I´ve already talked to the manager and complained why there´s no Austrian beer on the list.

2 of my favorite things!

I'll be visiting the Yardhouse for one meal.

"Q"
En ole saanut seksiä tarpeeksi ....
on se niin väärin....
CoyoteQ
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby Ghosthoffa on Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:52 pm

Moes is alright, its like Chipotle/Qdoba/Rubios fast casual dining decent food but pricey IMHO...

Yardhouse, I dont remember what food I ate except some Italian chicken wings that were really good and their house lemonade is fantastic.

Motu's is interesting Polynesian fare.... the food is good, especially the pork tacos but some of it just seems poorly executed like their shrimp dishes just seem to miss the mark, except the coconut shrimp.... but those run $6 for 6 butterflied shrimp... for that I would go to Margaritaville (I have yet to go)

Mitt Romney in 2012

Follow Me On Twitter!
Ghosthoffa
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby pxpyote on Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:34 pm

This is a solid thread here...

I've tried a few different times to go somewhere to eat outside before a game and of course the wait is very long, so I've only been to two places- Johnny Rocket's and the Fox Sports Grill...

Can't say much about Johnny Rocket's, the atmosphere is unique and well... there's lots of burgers :) I went to the Fox Sports Grill for the first time back in January and thought it was excellent... I've never been to the one in Scottsdale before. Once your seated things move quickly (if your going before a game I'd maybe suggest looking at the menu while your waiting to be seated so that way you know what you want right when you sit down). I had the pizza and it was great- yeah, I'm not that adventerous of an eater :P

I'm definitely going to have to keep in mind the new eating establishments up on the second level... I think there's a pizza place up there (as you can tell I love pizza) and the sandwich place sounds good (I'm not really a sandwich person- unless it's a hot sandwich. I took a homemade ham or turkey sandwhich to grade school almost every single day and even now I don't ever want to eat another one again). How are the prices at the sandwich place??? And do they sell sides there, or do you just get the sandwich? (I'm hoping it's big if that's all you get)

For a typical 7pm game, about what time does everyone get to Westgate so they can go eat beforehand and not feel rushed? Anyone been to the piano bar yet?
pxpyote
Enforcer
Enforcer

Postby Ghosthoffa on Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:30 pm

Fox Sports Grill is pricey though... We usually arrive between 630 and game time on weekdays and 530-6 on saturdays

Mitt Romney in 2012

Follow Me On Twitter!
Ghosthoffa
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby WestgateCoyote on Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:22 pm

pxpyote wrote:I'm definitely going to have to keep in mind the new eating establishments up on the second level... I think there's a pizza place up there (as you can tell I love pizza) and the sandwich place sounds good (I'm not really a sandwich person- unless it's a hot sandwich. I took a homemade ham or turkey sandwhich to grade school almost every single day and even now I don't ever want to eat another one again). How are the prices at the sandwich place??? And do they sell sides there, or do you just get the sandwich? (I'm hoping it's big if that's all you get)

For a typical 7pm game, about what time does everyone get to Westgate so they can go eat beforehand and not feel rushed? Anyone been to the piano bar yet?

Which sandwich place are you talking about??? Is it the Which Wich or The Shout House???

Actually I´m always at Westgate, so I don´t have to arrive early for a game. :P
WestgateCoyote
Second Line Winger
Second Line Winger

Postby Roadrunner on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:14 am

WestgateCoyote wrote:Which sandwich place are you talking about??? Is it the Which Wich or The Shout House???

That sounds like the "who's on first?" Abbott and Costello routine! heh
I'm due for a phone upgrade, and I can tell you what I will NOT get.....eat it Silly-Sack! Boycot the Blackberry!
Roadrunner
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator

Postby Stunned on Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:11 pm

Roadrunner wrote:
WestgateCoyote wrote:Which sandwich place are you talking about??? Is it the Which Wich or The Shout House???

Yes.
Stunned
Administrator
Administrator

Location: With my therapist, discussing my level of fanaticism

Postby Estring only on Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:50 am

Go to Chuys on 91st and Camelback. Great food and always easy to get in and out of. Yardhouse was way too $$$ and Margarittaville (sic) is just hype, no substance.
Estring only
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Ghosthoffa on Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:06 am

Roadrunner wrote:

I am talking about Which Wich.

Hey PurpGo... Thanks for finding a way to take a simple thread of topic... it isnt where do you eat it is westgate dining thread. go spread your poison somewhere else... :cool:

Mitt Romney in 2012

Follow Me On Twitter!
Ghosthoffa
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Postby WestgateCoyote on Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:30 am

Ghosthoffa wrote: am talking about Which Wich.

Haven´t been there so far. Does anybody know some stuff about that place???
WestgateCoyote
Second Line Winger
Second Line Winger

Postby Ghosthoffa on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:00 am

WestgateCoyote wrote:
Ghosthoffa wrote: am talking about Which Wich.

Haven´t been there so far. Does anybody know some stuff about that place???

the sandwiches are all $5 for the normal size $6 for double meat double cheese and $9 for a double sandwich. They are great!

Mitt Romney in 2012

Follow Me On Twitter!
Ghosthoffa
Alternate Captain
Alternate Captain

Next

Return to The Water Cooler