Westgate Dining Guide

Have anything non-hockey related to say? Post it here!

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Re: Westgate Dining Guide

Postby hat_trick_az on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:56 pm

Saddlehorn Ranch has got to be the WORST food in Westgate. I have been there 3 times and each time I am more disappointed. Not a place to eat. Looks like a great place to drink and party. Went there last week and ordered their "buttermilk" fried chicken dinner...portions were huge...enough for the wife and I....but chicken was like eating shoe leather....peeled back the batter...and they had taken "grilled" chicken and fried it......brought it up to the manager and she could have cared less....don't waste your time or money on food there.
User avatar
hat_trick_az
Prospect
Prospect
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Westgate Dining Guide

Postby white_tiger on Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:00 pm

hat_trick_az wrote:Saddlehorn Ranch has got to be the WORST food in Westgate. I have been there 3 times and each time I am more disappointed. Not a place to eat. Looks like a great place to drink and party. Went there last week and ordered their "buttermilk" fried chicken dinner...portions were huge...enough for the wife and I....but chicken was like eating shoe leather....peeled back the batter...and they had taken "grilled" chicken and fried it......brought it up to the manager and she could have cared less....don't waste your time or money on food there.



To each his own.. I have had teh STeak and egg breakfast platter they serve all day and the STeak Sandwich. Both were very good.
5th Year Season Ticket Holder
Sec 209 Row O 3
User avatar
white_tiger
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator
 
Posts: 2726
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:21 pm

Re: Westgate Dining Guide

Postby doansmyfave19 on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:46 am

I've only been there once for a coyotes game viewing party.. and my friend and I shared some sort of App sampler... It had sliders,fries,ribs, things like that
I liked it... I thought it was yummy! :) But, I haven't tried the chicken.. and if you know me really well you know Chicken is my favorite thing to order! :lol:
It kills me to think the manager was rude.. I worked for a really nice sandwich shop for 4 years and none of my bosses we're like that! Thet we're all great at their jobs and took care of all their guests very well! :)

P.S. Eat at The Wildflower Bread Company! (you know, the place that gave out free water for the coyotes rally?) I recomend anything on the menu! It's ALL GOOD! :)
Image
User avatar
doansmyfave19
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Westgate Dining Guide

Postby TheLegend on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:08 pm

Anyone tried McFaddens yet??
User avatar
TheLegend
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:26 am
Location: Tolleson, AZ

Re: Westgate Dining Guide

Postby yotesreign on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:14 pm

white_tiger wrote:
hat_trick_az wrote:Saddlehorn Ranch has got to be the WORST food in Westgate. I have been there 3 times and each time I am more disappointed. Not a place to eat. Looks like a great place to drink and party. Went there last week and ordered their "buttermilk" fried chicken dinner...portions were huge...enough for the wife and I....but chicken was like eating shoe leather....peeled back the batter...and they had taken "grilled" chicken and fried it......brought it up to the manager and she could have cared less....don't waste your time or money on food there.



To each his own.. I have had teh STeak and egg breakfast platter they serve all day and the STeak Sandwich. Both were very good.


What are their prices like? We thought they were overpriced last time we checked them out which was in April... didn't dine in there just had a couple beverages and watched people ride the bull.
User avatar
yotesreign
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:52 pm
Location: Phoenix/Glendale, Arizona

Re: Westgate Dining Guide

Postby white_tiger on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:57 pm

yotesreign wrote:
white_tiger wrote:
hat_trick_az wrote:Saddlehorn Ranch has got to be the WORST food in Westgate. I have been there 3 times and each time I am more disappointed. Not a place to eat. Looks like a great place to drink and party. Went there last week and ordered their "buttermilk" fried chicken dinner...portions were huge...enough for the wife and I....but chicken was like eating shoe leather....peeled back the batter...and they had taken "grilled" chicken and fried it......brought it up to the manager and she could have cared less....don't waste your time or money on food there.



To each his own.. I have had teh STeak and egg breakfast platter they serve all day and the STeak Sandwich. Both were very good.


What are their prices like? We thought they were overpriced last time we checked them out which was in April... didn't dine in there just had a couple beverages and watched people ride the bull.


They are pricey but the protions are HUGE.. on a par with the ammount of food you get at Claim Jumpers(though not that good quality wise)
5th Year Season Ticket Holder
Sec 209 Row O 3
User avatar
white_tiger
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator
 
Posts: 2726
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:21 pm

Re: Westgate Dining Guide

Postby doansmyfave19 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:56 am

Claim Jumper Rocks My World! Love the BBQ Chicken Sandwich Potato Cakes and pretzles! Still have not had a dessert from there yet but I hear they're big enough to feed an army! :lol:
Image
User avatar
doansmyfave19
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Westgate Dining Guide

Postby Topps_DOM on Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:18 am

TheLegend wrote:Anyone tried McFaddens yet??


was gonna go after home opener but the line was too long...
Season Ticket Holder - Sec 217
User avatar
Topps_DOM
Prospect
Prospect
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: East Valley

Re: Westgate Dining Guide

Postby gollybass on Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:03 am

everything was packed! Good to see, imagine if the yotes left... no businesses for ellman
Image
gollybass
Second Line Winger
Second Line Winger
 
Posts: 4153
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:18 am
Location: Mesa, AZ

Re: Westgate Dining Guide

Postby yotesreign on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:29 am

Thought with the prospect of the playoffs coming up and possibly some newcomers might find their way here we might revisit this thread since so many months have passed and things change... its been awhile since I dined in many places in and around Westgate, so I'd be interested on recent experiences others have had eating out in and around Westgate.

I did have dinner Tuesday night at Shane's Rib Shack at Westgate before the game; we got there about 6, got in got out, and were in time for the national anthem. We've eaten there before, and also at the Shane's up by I-17 & Happy Valley. The food was fine at Shane's Tuesday night - we shared a Shack sampler platter and the chicken fingers plate.
User avatar
yotesreign
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:52 pm
Location: Phoenix/Glendale, Arizona

Re: Westgate Dining Guide

Postby BigGumby on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:20 am

I eat at or near Westgate before almost every game. I'll start from the Job and expand outward:

McFadden's - Irish-style dishes and traditional sandwiches - Good and price is reasonable

Saddle Ranch - Steaks and everything that is associated with them - Good, big portions, a little expensive because of the size

Bice Bistro - Wine bar with italian food - Very good food, but very expensive and with smaller portions

Margaritaville - Island-esque dishes and traditional burgers/sandwiches - Decent food, but I wouldn't go there unless everywhere else was full

Kabuki - Sushi - Good food, but expensive, as most sushi is

Yardhouse - American mixture of everything, bar foods, pizza, pastas - Good food, decent price, but happy hour lasts until 6pm and has many pizzas and large sized appetizers

Which Wich - Sub sandwiches of all types - Good food, but semi-expensive for 8" subs

Shane's Rib Shack - Barbecue - Decent food, expensive for walk up and order, but should be expected with BBQ

Moe's Southwest Grill - Tacos, burritos, quesadillas - Decent food, can be cheap if you take advantage of the free chips and salsa (Thursday's - buy 1 get 1 free Funkmeister, taco)

Johnny Rocket's - Burgers and fries - Decent burgers, all-you-can-eat fries, decent prices

Wait times for these places can vary depending on the attendance of the game, but there are some pretty expectable times to get there:

1.5hrs bgt - McFadden's, Saddle Ranch, Yardhouse

1hr bgt - Bice Bistro, Margaritaville, Kabuki, Shane's Rib Shack, Johnny Rocket's

30min bgt - Which Wich, Moe's Southwest Grill

bgt = Before game time
“We didn’t go into the playoffs through the back door. We kicked the door down."

--GM Don Maloney

"Note: Dave Tippett's quotes play a Dave Tippett system."

--Harrison Mooney (Puck Daddy)
User avatar
BigGumby
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Westgate Dining Guide

Postby Matzel on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:26 pm

Johnny Rocket's - Burgers and fries - Decent burgers, all-you-can-eat fries, decent prices


With no offense to the OP and entirely off the subject:

There is something altogether wrong with an 'all-you-can-eat fries' restaurant.

I think when it comes to fries, it's not about how much you can eat, but how good they are. Take the skinny fries at the restaurant with the yellow arches that loves serving our little ones: their fries ("Would you like that super-sized, Sir?!") are so grossly over salted that I find them entirely uneatable.

I like good 'pommes frites' (snobby Euro speak :wink: ) as much as the next guy. Choose the right spud - like a Yukon Gold - hand cut them - and fry 'em (two-bath technique) in duck fat... Heavenly.

Sure there's some saturated fats involved but the key is moderation. All you can eat fries? That's like putting a sign on the building that reads: Morbid obesity - We sell it! :screwy:
Image
User avatar
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 10174
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:37 pm
Location: 'Freddy Beach', Canada

Re: Westgate Dining Guide

Postby yotesreign on Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:38 am

I have to try Johnny Rockets again - didn't know the fries were all you can eat - never tried for 'seconds' when there. Last Saturday we were going to go there before the game, but by the time we got to Westgate it was 6 pm and they had a huge line outside the door so we just went inside the arena and ate Hooters food. When we left the game after the shootout, Johnny Rockets still had a line of people waiting to get in...
User avatar
yotesreign
Rookie
Rookie
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:52 pm
Location: Phoenix/Glendale, Arizona

Re: Westgate Dining Guide

Postby TimmyHate on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:06 am

Went to Saddleback Ranch before the Oilers game - I had the Ribs and my Fiance (wedding this Friday :D) had 'The Classic' steak. She also had an Ice tea and I had a soda.

Total bill was $51. Not too bad since the portions were so huge I took half my Ribs home for a post game snack.

Speaking of the ribs...they were amazing. Fall off the bone, a tangy BBQ sauce, and gorgeous garlic mashed potato's.
My Fiances steak was just perfect as well.

However good the food was, I will be back again for the service. We arrived at about 2:30, were seated straight away, Refils of drinks were fast and always delivered with a smile, the server was friendly and checked on us without bugging us. I can't put into words so I'll just say this...I tipped her $20.

Oh and the Biscuits and Pumpkin Bread muffins with Cinnamon butter to start the meal? *drool*
Proud Coyotes Fan since Day 1.
I may be 6000 miles away but you can still hear me HOWL!!!
TimmyHate
Draft Pick
Draft Pick
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Westgate Dining Guide

Postby Matzel on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:20 pm

TimmyHate wrote:Went to Saddleback Ranch before the Oilers game - However good the food was, I will be back again for the service.

I can't put into words so I'll just say this...I tipped her $20.

May I try to put it into words? SHE WAS H-O-T! :cool:
Image
User avatar
Matzel
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 10174
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 6:37 pm
Location: 'Freddy Beach', Canada

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron