World Cup

Have anything non-hockey related to say? Post it here!

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

Re: World Cup

Postby TimmyHate on Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:42 pm

New Zealand (born and raised, on a playgorund.. :onfire: )
Mexico (my wife is Mexican by heritage...)
USA (...and american by birth)

I wouldn't worry too much about Serbia - the All Whites (NZ's team) beat them in the warm ups.

Gonna be a great tournement
Proud Coyotes Fan since Day 1.
I may be 6000 miles away but you can still hear me HOWL!!!
TimmyHate
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby white_tiger on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:03 pm

TimmyHate wrote:New Zealand (born and raised, on a playgorund.. :onfire: )
Mexico (my wife is Mexican by heritage...)
USA (...and american by birth)

I wouldn't worry too much about Serbia - the All Whites (NZ's team) beat them in the warm ups.

Gonna be a great tournement

As long as South Africa can get control of the room robberies and the Car Jackings... The only thing good to be said about South Africas crime problems is they are not as bad as Brazil.. Problem is Brazil has teh World Cup in 4 years<sigh>
5th Year Season Ticket Holder
Sec 209 Row O 3
white_tiger
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator

Postby phillip on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:55 am

TimmyHate wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about Serbia - the All Whites (NZ's team) beat them in the warm ups.

The "All-Whites" playing in post apartheid South Africa is funny enough. The "All Blacks" are pretty cool, are the all whites the sissy version or something?
phillip
Prospect
Prospect

Postby TimmyHate on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:49 pm

phillip wrote:
TimmyHate wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about Serbia - the All Whites (NZ's team) beat them in the warm ups.

The "All-Whites" playing in post apartheid South Africa is funny enough. The "All Blacks" are pretty cool, are the all whites the sissy version or something?

Well they are the football team (zing!).

Yeah we have some weird team names now
All Blacks (Rugby)
All Whites (football)
Black Ferns (Womans Rugby)
White Ferns (Womans Football)
Silver Ferns (Netball)
Black Caps (Cricket)
Tall Blacks (Basket Ball)
Ice Blacks (Mens Ice Hockey)
Ice Ferns (Womans Ice Hockey)

And our mens badminton team wanted to go by the Black Cocks....
TimmyHate
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby phxcoyotestartanarmy on Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:31 pm

Wow! Real originality in those team names Kiwi! I guess must be hard to find folk over there with good ideas and imagination for team names when the cows outnumber the people 5 -1!
I guess you'll be hoping Australia get put out as soon as us Scots hope the English get booted out! I lived in NZ for 7 months so know how much ye like you're neighbours, not the soap, it's okay, but the Aussie football and rugby teams & their fans..
phxcoyotestartanarmy
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby TimmyHate on Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:04 pm

phxcoyotestartanarmy wrote:Wow! Real originality in those team names Kiwi! I guess must be hard to find folk over there with good ideas and imagination for team names when the cows outnumber the people 5 -1!
I guess you'll be hoping Australia get put out as soon as us Scots hope the English get booted out! I lived in NZ for 7 months so know how much ye like you're neighbours, not the soap, it's okay, but the Aussie football and rugby teams & their fans..

as a name All Whites > Socceroos

:drink:

Actually don't mind if the roo's make it outta the group stage - just as long as the AW's finish higher :razz:

[[Edit: Fixing a small spelling error]]
TimmyHate
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby gollybass on Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:58 pm

Well that England USA match was a bit of an anti climax, a match England really should have one had they figured out you are meant to hit the net, and not just hit it right at the opposition keeper! Green's howler :palm: .

As a nice note though, In '66 we opened the tournament with a 0:0 draw, and in the highly successful Euro '96 (which I think has been our best team showing in recent memory) we started with a 1:1 draw to the Swiss.
gollybass
Second Line Winger
Second Line Winger

Postby phillip on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:18 pm

Was an interesting match. Germany looked great today. dunno how much it is Australia sucking egg, but they could do anything they wanted even before Cahill got run off.
phillip
Prospect
Prospect

Postby BigGumby on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:37 pm

Yeah, not so sure about the Cahill send off, but in the end he shouldn't have put himself in that position.

Italy looked pretty terrible today against Paraguay, only for that complete lapse by the Paraguay keeper, they ended up with a point.

Too bad for Denmark this morning, they looked promising early vs KNVB, but slowly faded away.
“We didn’t go into the playoffs through the back door. We kicked the door down."

--GM Don Maloney

"Note: Dave Tippett's quotes play a Dave Tippett system."

--Harrison Mooney (Puck Daddy)
BigGumby
Rookie
Rookie

Postby TimmyHate on Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:29 pm

BigGumby wrote:Yeah, not so sure about the Cahill send off, but in the end he shouldn't have put himself in that position.

Italy looked pretty terrible today against Paraguay, only for that complete lapse by the Paraguay keeper, they ended up with a point.

Too bad for Denmark this morning, they looked promising early vs KNVB, but slowly faded away.

From what I saw Cahill went in sprigs up - of course he's getting sent off.

Then again when the Aussie played the All Whites in a warm up match they should have had two reds - I saw two hits that were basically like an open ice bodycheck.
TimmyHate
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby phxcoyotestartanarmy on Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:09 pm

gollybass wrote:Well that England USA match was a bit of an anti climax, a match England really should have one had they figured out you are meant to hit the net, and not just hit it right at the opposition keeper! Green's howler :palm: .

As a nice note though, In '66 we opened the tournament with a 0:0 draw, and in the highly successful Euro '96 (which I think has been our best team showing in recent memory) we started with a 1:1 draw to the Swiss.

Oh look and English guy making reference to 1966!!! Oh what a surprise! I was in irish bar in Phoenix along with hundreds of other irish, american, and engurlish supporters. Have to say the American guys and girls there watching were in great voice and made great atmosphere which almost felt like being back in pub in Scotland watching the football. England got early goal and should have capitalised on it but didn't, cos they're shit! Gerrard did ok and think he's better captain than that fanny Beckam was who, let's not forget, missed a vital penalty in Euro 2004, and because of it all the nice English supporters turned against him for ages. Well, nice to see English FA are keeping his ego as over inflated as usual!
phxcoyotestartanarmy
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Postby gollybass on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:23 pm

why wouldnt I make reference to it, thats the only other time we won the torunament :palm:
gollybass
Second Line Winger
Second Line Winger

Postby Murf on Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:37 am

I'd really like to get excited about this. But I can't watch it. The horns strike a nerve in my brain that keeps forcing my hand to change the channel. It could be the the superbowl, and if they had that monotone, beehive noise, I think I would still turn it off.
Murf
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator

Postby DerbyCoyote on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:18 am

phxcoyotestartanarmy wrote:...missed a vital penalty in Euro 2004, and because of it all the nice English supporters turned against him for ages

As a nice English supporter myself, I don't remember anyone turning against him for missing that. He got stick for getting sent off in '98 against Argentina, but that was a dumb thing to do.

You'd remember '98, it was the last tournament your lot managed to qualify for :wink:
DerbyCoyote
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Levite805 on Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:40 pm

BUZZZZZZZZZZUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUZUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZUZUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZUZUZUUUUUUUUUZUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUZZZZUUUUUUZ
UUUUUUZUUUUUUZZZZZZZZUZZZZZZZZZZUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUZUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZUZUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZUZUZUUUUUUUUUZUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZU
UUUUUUUUUZZZZUUUUUUZUUUUUUZUUUUUUZZZZZZZZUZZZZZZZZZZUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUZUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZUZUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZUZUZUUUUUUUUUZUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZUU
UUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUZZZZUUUUUUZUUUUUUZUUUUUUZZZZZZZZ

:bigpuke:
Levite805
Prospect
Prospect

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler