How far can I go in ice hockey

Have anything non-hockey related to say? Post it here!

Moderators: CBL, Stunned, Matzel

How far can I go in ice hockey

Postby evitah on Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:49 am

How far can I go in ice hockey if I start at the age of 22? I've been playing roller hockey since 1999, never played on ice and ice skated maybe 2-3 times in my life. I do play in organized rec roller hockey leagues that are a mix of ice hockey players and casual players.
Last edited by evitah on Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
evitah
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Re: How far can I go in ice hockey

Postby Stunned on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:05 am

evitah wrote:How far can I go in ice hockey if I start at the age of 22? I've been playing roller hockey since 1999, never played on ice and ice skated maybe 2-3 times in my life. I do play in organized rec roller hockey leagues that are a mix of ice hockey players and casual players.

My guess: beer league. :razz:
Stunned
Administrator
Administrator

Location: With my therapist, discussing my level of fanaticism

Postby gollybass on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:00 pm

I suppose it would depend on talent and where you could play to showcase that talent
gollybass
Second Line Winger
Second Line Winger

Postby CBL on Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:32 pm

The sky is the limit...
CBL

Postby Murf on Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:44 pm

evitah wrote:How far can I go in ice hockey if I start at the age of 22? I've been playing roller hockey since 1999, never played on ice and ice skated maybe 2-3 times in my life. I do play in organized rec roller hockey leagues that are a mix of ice hockey players and casual players.

How far do you want to go?
What are you willing to do to get there?
How much time you have to dedicate to your goal?
How much money do you have to dediciate?
How tall are you?
How much do you weigh?
How do you compare to other players skill wise?
What position do you play?
Murf
Third Line Agitator
Third Line Agitator

Postby Topps_DOM on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:55 pm

Stunned wrote:

My guess: beer league. :razz:

Which isn't altogether a bad thing. I didn't start until age 35, but now - 10 years later - while through lack of a)talent, b)hard work, and c)proper coaching I'll likely never be
considered 'good', I've at least developed to the point where I can get on the ice with people who have played at fairly high levels (including at least 2 over 35 ex-NHLers!)
and not embarrass myself. Much. The 20somethings on the highest level team I play on say I keep improving, too. Do I wish all this had happened sooner? Sure, but better
late than never (I tease my dad for killing my hockey career by moving from North Dakota to Florida when I was 2).

I *definitely* appreciate the game itself more having played it. I see all kinds of things now that I never used to notice.
Season Ticket Holder - Sec 217
Topps_DOM
Prospect
Prospect

Return to The Water Cooler